Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:22:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  My Vermont TV Debut
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Vermont TV Debut  ( 3169 )
nancyd
: 304

« : November 19, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »

Funny thing happened on the way to the stores.....I was out running errands today. It now 2pm and had not eaten anything yet, so I decided I would go and have my favorite lunch. I was the only one in this Italian place...Mimmo's. There was a TV crew there from Vermont Public Television.They were filming "Out and About" a series about music in Vermont. Anyway the whole thing shows the pizza man singing in Italian as he makes pizza pies. The host is learning how to make pizza. Anyway, they look at me and ask if they could do a thing where the pizza guy presents me with the finished pizza while singing to me in Italian. I said sure..LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! Wait! I said.I see a man standing by himself, and motion for him to sit with me ( I thought it would be better with a couple). He said his wife wouldnt understand why he was sitting with a beautiful brunette.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I color my hair. I said well my husband wouldnt understand either. Alas, I was on my own. OK...LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!  Im ready for my close-up....The pizza guy  walks over to me carrying a large pizza and is singing in Italian. The host asks what I love about their pizza ( never had it ), but I lie. I'm holding my glass of wine in salute to the pizza maker, and say how much I love his singing. I toast him with my glass of wine....Lights out!
Cameras stop...then I remember I forgot my fake tooth before I left house this morning.  UGH..
I hope I didn't smile too wide!
To air sometime in March, I'm told.....at least I was wearing coordinating clothes.
Nancyd
« : November 19, 2013, 08:34:35 PM nancyd »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 21, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

That is great! Sounds like you had fun doing it too!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Razzle Dazzle

« #2 : November 21, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »

That made me smile.  (The part about the tooth!)
Thanks for sharing!
nancyd
: 304

« #3 : November 21, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »

Thanks guys...glad you thought it was funny..it was. And I'm always the first one to laugh at myself!   I have a lot of funny stories in my life. If you're interested, I'll give you one once in a while.
Hey Happy Thanksgiving!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: