Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:41:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking For Slate Chalkboard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking For Slate Chalkboard  ( 4168 )
JAS
: 41

« : November 12, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

I am looking for an old slate chalkboard to be used for brainstorming/white boarding. I hate dry erase boards. If anyone has one and would be willing to part with it, let me know. John Schraven
nancyd
: 304

« #1 : November 12, 2013, 11:38:04 AM »

John, you can find some on eBay or Etsy....also do a google search and yll find some posted. good luck.
Norton
: 85

« #2 : November 12, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »

I've used a paint-on coating that (more or less) behaved like a chalkboard.  Not quite as good as slate, but handy and cheap.
nhibbard
: 393

« #3 : November 12, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

I can also vouch for Norton's option. We painted on magnetic paint and chalkboard paint to make a magnetic chalkboard on her wall. Other than a lot of stirring, this would be great dual use for you. Lowe's has all the materials.
JAS
: 41

« #4 : November 12, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »

Thank you all. I have looked on ebay and there are some, but most are far away. I keep wondering what happened to the many classroom chalkboards that were replaced by white boards. I would guess that they were tossed. I have located one in Vermont and spoke to the folks today, perhaps it will work out. I looked into the painted boards, not the same thing. Maybe I am a stubborn traditionalist when it comes to this. I think a pool table slate would work as well, maybe I should look for a falling apart pool table?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: