Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:53:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Janice Murphy, Mother-in-Law of Barbara Smith Murphy, Dies at Age 80
« previous next »
: [1]
: Janice Murphy, Mother-in-Law of Barbara Smith Murphy, Dies at Age 80  ( 1932 )
kmurph
: 1

« : October 05, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »

JANICE C. MURPHY

WILLISTON - Mrs. Janice C. Murphy, age 80, was called home to her final rest in the Lord, Sept. 30, 2013, in Burlington. She was born in St. Albans, daughter of the late Robert and Bertha (Mayo) Church, May 22, 1933. Janice graduated from Bellows Free Academy, class of 1951. She married Ronald Murphy June 25, 1955. She was a legal secretary for Latham & Piesch, Fayette & Deschene Law Firms, Union Carbide, and Judge John Mulvey. She then worked as a dispatcher for the Vermont State Police. She returned to the secretary roll, working for the McGinn Law Firm, and then for Central Vermont Railway. Janice was an avid reader. She collected cookbooks, and helped Ronald doing genealogy research and publishing two books. She loved playing cards, and was known for her ability to memorize the cards that were played, which contributed to her winning advantage. Janice is survived by her husband, Ronald; her daughters, Karen Murphy of Cornwall Bridge, Conn., and Meegan Delphia and her husband, Michael, of Williston; a son, Sean Murphy of St. Albans; a daughter-in-law, Barbara Smith Murphy of Fairfax; her grandchildren, Christopher Murphy and his wife, Susan, Kathryn Murphy, Padraic, Sean, Liam, and Eamon Murphy-Saunders, and Conor and Nikolas Delphia; and her sister, Joyce Thibault and her husband, Orin, of St. Albans. She was predeceased by her parents; a son, Michael Murphy; and several sisters and brothers. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday, Oct. 7, 2013, at 10 a.m. in Holy Angels Church. Interment will follow in the Murphy family lot in Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends may call at the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home, 86 South Main St., St. Albans, from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013. Online condolences may be sent to her family at the funeral home website: www.bradyandlevesque.com. Arrangements are entrusted to the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home and Commemorative Services. Memorials may be made to the National MS Society, 75 Talcott Road, #40, Williston, VT 05495; or the American Diabetes Association , 77 Hegeman Ave., Colchester, VT 05446; or to Camp TaKum-Ta, P.O. Box 459, South Hero, VT 05486.
« : October 05, 2013, 06:48:16 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: