Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:53:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Fairfax Community Library September Events
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Community Library September Events  ( 2768 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : August 31, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »

Here are our upcoming September events at the Fairfax Community Library.

As a reminder, our summer hours have ended and we are returning to our school-year hours: Monday & Wednesday, 8-5:30; Tuesday & Thursday, 8-8; Friday, 8-3:15; and Saturday 9-1.

Fairfax Community Library September Events
Wednesday, September 11, 3-4 pm: Tissue Paper Leaves!
After-school craft is back!  Join Nicole Vance, local artist, in making colorful tissue paper leaves just in time for autumn. Preregister with the library. Free, ages 6+. Limit of 15 registrants.

Tuesday, September 17, 9:30-10:30 am: Preschool Story Hour: I Love Books
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. Free.

Thursday, September 19, 2013, 6:30-8 pm: VHC Reading Discussion of Grendel
For our fall Vermont Humanities book series, we will be reading four novels that all re-imagine classics works of fiction, retelling them from a different character’s perspective. In our first discussion meeting, Helene Lang, a scholar of literature, will be facilitating a discussion on Grendel by John Gardner (this will be a retelling of the Old English heroic epic poem Beowulf). Books will be available at the library to sign out in advance of the discussion. Join us, everyone is welcome!

Tuesday, September 24, 9:30-10:30 am: Preschool Story Hour: Turtles & Tortoises
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. Free.

Thursday, September 26, 6:30-7:30 pm: Intro to Digital Resources
Did you know you can access a wide variety of digital services on your digital device with just your library card? Resources include: Listen Up! Vermont audio and e-books, One Click Digital audio books, Universal Class, and more! We'll be giving a free tutorial here at the library. All are welcome! Bring your digital device with you.

Saturday, Sept. 28, 10-11 am: FGI Bookmobile Visits the Library!
Have you ever been on truck filled with books? Now is your chance! The Franklin Grand Isle Bookmobile will be visiting the library for a story time and craft. Preregistration appreciated. Free, for all ages.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: