Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:09:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Asking Your Indulgence On A Particular Topic
« previous next »
: [1]
: Asking Your Indulgence On A Particular Topic  ( 4833 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 27, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

I know that a number of you are very excited and happy that Entergy will be closing.  This is a sad day for my family as my son-in-law has worked there for many years and will be losing a good job at a time when my youngest grandson is about to enter college.

Please do not express your happiness about this on my forum - There are many other topics you can talk about.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : August 27, 2013, 10:09:11 AM »

I'm sorry to hear this Henry.  I wish people would educate themselves and not act on emotion this is going to hurt us all I have a feeling.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Sue W.
: 167

« #2 : August 27, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »

I am really sorry to hear this, Henry.  I agree that it may hurt all of us in the end. This morning I was listening to the radio , and was a bit surprised at the sponsors of the news programs.  One was Al jazerra America and Hydro Quebec. That was unnerving.

Best wishes to your daughter, son-in-law and family. 
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : August 27, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »

This news is saddening to so many! So very sorry for your family Henry & all that work at this place.  I hope they really realize not only the impact this will put on the employees lives, but in the lives of so many others as it will be the snowball effect trickling down to other businesses where they eat, shop, daycares, etc.  Having said this, we now we be at the mercy of yet another monopoly in our state, & that now we are at the hands of another country.  Bad enough when CVPS merged to GMP & then people complained; this is much more devastating.   So very sorry.
Norton
: 85

« #4 : August 29, 2013, 05:59:28 AM »

Henry, I'm willing to abide by your wishes for your forum.  But I can't help be frustrated that those with one opinion are silent, while those with the opposite view seem to have no hesitation to voice it.  Makes the "discussion" kind of one-sided.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : August 29, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »

Norton, really....

Would you want your personal web site flushed with "Yay your family is losing their job..."

I don't think so...  He asked ONE favor and you had to poke it, I am not impressed...

Please can everyone just drop the topic!

Signed the Daughter and sister of a family going thru a rough time....

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: