Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:11:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need your advice.....Update .He's in Court now
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Need your advice.....Update .He's in Court now  ( 16011 )
nancyd
: 304

« : August 01, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »

Hi neighbors,
Ok, I think I was scammed big time. I'm not sure what to do, or who to call. Ok...I hired a contractor from Essex Junction...he has a Facebook page. Now I see how stupid I was. Anyway, paid him a lot of money for wood flooring, and 1/2 labor cost up front......9 days later, no labor or wood floors which he said he would deliver today bs 8-9am.....the flooring  was supposedly purchased by his contractor friend who he said could get it at a discount.........

I have a gut feeling I was taken.......now what?
Nancyd

MAN ARRESTED!
A Big THANK YOU to Franklin County Sheriff's Office, especially to Sheriff Bushey! His professionalism is Outstanding!!!!  He took the time to listen to our concerns, he explained the law, explained how to best prepare our report, and he personally took this on as his case. He is an absolute credit to the department!  A Big Thank You to Chris Santee, who called Sheriff Bushey on our behalf.
It's not about the money anymore. It's about Justice. He has done this to other people as well. It will be a long process and perhaps a trial.

I just want you to know that we have an outstanding Sheriff's Department ...be assured they have our backs.  There are no words to describe our heartfelt appreciation. Thank you just isn't enough!
Nancyd
« : November 17, 2013, 12:57:26 PM nancyd »
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : August 01, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »

oohhhh nancy ......zoom pow right to the moon.wait and see or start calling,im sorry .I hope this doesn't happen to you
nhibbard
: 393

« #2 : August 02, 2013, 04:39:14 AM »

Make sure to write down everything you do, dates and times. This helps if you do get a problem. Also, make sure they have insurance before they do work in your house in case something happens. Did you get a written quote or contract?
nancyd

« #3 : August 02, 2013, 05:55:14 AM »

I'm so stupid....being 65 years old, I still didn't learn caution...that I based my dealings on trust.......did I get a receipt? You wouldn't believe the "contract " I received....it's written on the kind of receipt you get at a luncheonette for an ice cream soda.
It says nothing. I should have stopped him then and had him write a detailed  receipt.
« : August 03, 2013, 10:27:41 AM nancyd »
Family of 5
: 26

« #4 : August 02, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »

Hello --

You need to contact the Vermont Attorney General's Office to report Home Improvement Fraud. 

Here is an information website: http://www.uvm.edu/consumer/?Page=hif.html

You should also be contacting the Vermont State Police to file a report.

Best of Luck.
nancyd

« #5 : August 02, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »

Thank, thank you......for your replies and support. Chris Santee called me....he's my Hero...always was. He will help me as well should I need it.  Everyone has issues and problems of life to deal with. It sure helps to be able to reach out for advice and support...especially when you're older. Stress seems to affect us more. Especially when you realize that you have only yourself to blame.

Thank you everyone!
Nancyd
nancyd

« #6 : August 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »

I want to thank readers and those who posted......Problem was solved...at  least I have now have the wood in my house.things got too sketchy for me...when you invest all your savings, well it didn't look good and it was very unprofessional the way he conducted business.

I'll do things right the next time......I will ask YOU who you have used in your home.

Thank You again!!!!
My Best to you all,
nancyd

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #7 : August 02, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »

you still have to get wood pellets for this winter don't forget
nancyd

« #8 : August 02, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »

I know Ed....hey you still want that shower head?
tfence
: 257

« #9 : August 02, 2013, 08:03:41 PM »

shop local, know where the contractor lives or operates out of. Check with the attorney general and the BBB. get an insurance certificate and call to confirm it is real. Chris, I wrote an article for your newspaper a few years ago. Fairfax professionals. Good time to post it if you still have it.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
ohhman
: 469

« #10 : August 02, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »

Bet IF you had used contractors some of us suggested, this would not have happened;  you asked, suggestions made, YOU make decisions;  next time you will know.
nancyd

« #11 : August 02, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »

You are absolutely right tfence......
« : August 03, 2013, 10:29:18 AM nancyd »
nancyd

« #12 : August 02, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

3Plusk,
I didn't ask advice for a flooring  contractor on the forum...but I should have. Not all contractors do flooring. And I should have known especially, that you don't use a handyman either.....I did see his work on Facebook, and it looked like he could handle it. He sure could...right to the bank.
al brodeur
: 216

« #13 : August 02, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »

hello, please do not beat your self to death over this. one thing is a contractor will do a mark up for material to to cover his time for grtting thre items but he also gets a contractor discount of 10%at lowes like veterans do( at least here in Pa) if he only ocketed 1300+ do not feelbad wait until he is done and drop this on him. added note do not trust BBB either as they will not put out any statements that can leave them open to a law suit. the best thing is to hire a local that you know or get a recommendation from a local IE Rod Annode I do not know him but by reading Henry"s Vt Grandpa have the feeling that he is above board (honest) also even if he does not do the type work that you need done will have someone who he will recommend.
the other item is insurance that the contractor carries check with the co. not his broker as he could be a worthless brother in law.and also if he is not local ask for at least 15 jobs that he has done so you can check him out if he balks at this tell him so-long. another thing that getting a local to do the job is that you know where the cook out will be.
I have told my finical advsor that if he does not get me enough money to live on I know where he lives and will be moving in (its called motivation)
I hope everything works out for the best for you. Fairfax does not have Vern Melondy anymore. but I am sure some one has replaced him.
nancyd

« #14 : August 02, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Al, how kind of you! Very good points you make! . Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice note!
Nancyd
He's bad...real bad......career criminal.....police are looking for him now.....my kids don't want him anywhere near here. I'm out a lot of money. I have to save my pennies to fix things. YOU wouldn't let him back in your place, would YOU?

Thank YOU Sheriff Kevin Bushey!!!!
« : August 04, 2013, 10:49:09 AM nancyd »
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: