Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:50:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Summer Reading Program @ the Library! Calendar & Information
« previous next »
: [1]
: Summer Reading Program @ the Library! Calendar & Information  ( 2162 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : June 13, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »

Join us at the library for a summer of digging into gardening, machines, composting, tie dye, puppets, rock painting, magic, and much more! This year's summer reading program is sure to be a blast for kids and their families.

Registration opens up June 15th! Pick up your child's registration form today at the library. To download a calendar, registration forms, and raffle ticket pdfs, visit our website at www.fairfaxvtlibrary.org/youth_services.html.

For every book a child reads, children can enter to win some great prizes:

*0-5 year olds: story books and stuffed animals, stickers, and creemee certificates.
*6-12 year olds: 2 bicycles, gift certificates
*Teens (for every 100 pages read): $25 Amazon gift card, $25 iTunes gift card.

Schedule of Children’s Programs for Summer 2013:

Tuesday, June 25, 9:30-10:30 am: I Dig Big Machines at Preschool Story Hour
   Themed preschool story time and craft for ages 0-6. Free.

Thursday, June 27th, 6-7:30 pm: Opening Program: Dig into Reading Puppet Performance and Puppet-making Craft
        An audience of all ages is welcomed to attend a puppet performance of The Carrot Seed, The Giant Turnip, Anansi and the Talking Melon, and Over in the 
        Meadow with Hands-ON Puppets. Following the stories, kids can make their own puppets! Free. Preregistration appreciated.

Tuesday, July 2nd, 9:30-10 am: I Dig the Earth at Preschool Story Hour
   Themed preschool story time and craft for ages 0-6. Paint a pet rock after story time! Free.

Tuesday, July 2nd, 10-11 am: Painted Rock Tic-Tac-Toe
   Make your own rock and stick version of this classic game in an hour of creating with local artist Nicole Vance.    For all ages. Preregister. Cost is $5.

Tuesday, July 9th, 9:30-10:30 am: Dig into Gardening at Preschool Story Hour

Thursday, July 11th, 10-11 am: Dig into Soil with Mr. K!
         Come for a magical exploration of soil: what lives there, why it’s so important and what it’s made of. Listen to the story of the
         Root Children that live under the soil and then create your own a Waldorf-inspired “root child.” For all ages, free. Preregistration
         appreciated.

Tuesday, July 16th, 9:30-10:30 am: Animals Dig Underground at Preschool Story Hour

Thursday, July 18th, 10-11 am: Vermont Wildlife Rescue Visit
   Ever seen a real live turtle up close? How about a snake? Join us at the library to get close and personal with    some of the
         critters in our natural world that love to dig deep! For all ages, free.

Tuesday, July 23th, 9:30-10:30 am: Dig into Food at Preschool Story Hour

Thursday, July 25th, 6:30-8 pm: Fun with Composting
        What’s a compost? How do you make a compost? Learn all about composting with hands-on messy activities with naturalist and   
        Master Gardener Laurie DiCesare. Free, great for families! Preregistration appreciated.

Saturday, July 27th, 10-11 am: Dig into Tie Dye!
         Bring a t-shirt, pair of socks, pillowcase, or whatever else you want to make colorful to the library! (New cotton fabrics work best.) We’ll have lots of bright
         dyes to work with, as well as all the other materials you’ll need to brighten your clothes. For all ages, free. 

Tuesday, August 6th, 9:30-10:30 am: I Dig Getting Dirty (and Clean) at Preschool Story Hour

Thursday, August 8th, 6-8 pm: Dig into a Movie (and Ice Cream Sundaes)!
   A family movie and ice cream—what could be better? We’ll be    watching James and the Giant Peach. Free.

Tuesday, August 13th, 10-11:30 am: Finale: Magic Show with Tom Joyce
       Our final event kicks off with an awesomely earthy magic show with Tom Joyce. Following the show, we’ll be raffling off our     
       prizes, handing out reading certificates, and eating cake! For all ages, free.

« : June 13, 2013, 03:00:13 PM LibraryPrograms »

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: