Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:06:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Host Families Needed for Chinese Exchange Students!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Host Families Needed for Chinese Exchange Students!!!  ( 7976 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : May 07, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »

Once again BFA Fairfax will be hosting 30 Chinese exchange students for two weeks, from June 30-July 12.  And once again, we are looking for families willing to host two youth for the time period.  Youth will be in classes all morning, and in activities in the afternoon. Host families are responsible for providing transportation to and from school, though bus transportation has been available and will be this year.  Host families are responsible for meals, evening activities, and some weekend events.  There may be group activities available weekends as well when youth and host families may participate.
If a host family has a student at BFA high school that youth may be eligible for elective credit!!!  A per youth stipend of $200 is available.
We hope you will consider participating in this amazing cultural event.
If interested please contact me, Pastor Liz, at 849 6588 or pastorliz@earthlink.net
Many thanks.

And please, pass this information on to others who might be interested.
« : May 08, 2013, 05:30:46 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
Rev. Elizabeth

« #1 : May 10, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »

Can you hear me now!!!???
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : May 11, 2013, 02:30:44 AM »

um ?????isnt school done by then?
Rev. Elizabeth

« #3 : May 11, 2013, 06:04:01 AM »

Yes, what happens is this.  One teacher, along with student mentors, will have classes every morning on a variety of topics to introduce them to life in the United STates.  After lunch, provided by the school, they then have a variety of activities ranging from a sports tournament with BFA students to a tour of the STate House to a Lake Monsters game.  Host families provide morning and evening meals and accommodations.  There sometimes are informal group activities in the evening.  They will be some sort of group activity over the weekend to which host families are invited!
All these youth have some English, and are here to learn more.  Most of the families who have hosted in the past have remained in contact with their guests and have had wonderful experiences with them.

for accommodations: a room with 2 beds and space to store clothes. 

There you go.
Rev. Elizabeth

« #4 : May 16, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

June 30 is closer than it seems!!!! If you are interested in hosting 2 Chinese Exchange students, please let me know as soon as possible. The dates are June 30-July 12. it is a wonderful opportunity!
No, I am not desperate....yet!!!
Rev. Elizabeth

« #5 : May 20, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

Really, it could be an amazing experience to host two young people from China for 2 weeks!  Just contact me via this site or pastorliz@earthlink.net
Rev. Elizabeth

« #6 : May 27, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »

Well, we are still looking for 10 families willing to host our guests from China.  June 30th is approaching faster than we realize.  The previous students and teachers have had a wonderful time, and felt very welcomed by the community?  Can any of you step up to help our school with this cross cultural adventure?
Please read previous posts for specific information.  Or email me at pastorliz@earthlink.net or call 849 6588
And we all thank you!!!
Rev. Elizabeth

« #7 : May 30, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

FYI YOu don't need to have students at school to be a host family. All you need is a willingness to feed your guests breakfast and supper, help them with English and provide a bit of exposure to Americana.  if you have a room with one bed, we can provide you with a 2nd one.  We are looking for  11 homes.  One home would be for the two female teachers who both speak English!
Rev. Elizabeth

« #8 : June 06, 2013, 06:14:20 AM »

We are all hoping we can fine 11 more families to open their homes to Chinese Exchange students ( and their 2 teachers) and give them a taste of life in America. 
And we all thank you for your generosity of spirit!.
Judi
: 508

« #9 : June 08, 2013, 10:44:30 AM »

It seems to me that every year Rev. Liz is scrambling to find homes for these exchange students. Would it not be the wise thing to do is line up housing BEFORE they are invited? Just curious. It would appear by the posts that it is a problem finding homes for this amount of students in our small community. Suffice to say we do not have room, sorry.
Rev. Elizabeth

« #10 : June 08, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »

Thank you, Judi, but there is a much larger organization in charge of arranging things and we only find out after the youth have been selected and the dates set.  I am not part of the process until I (we, meaning the school as well) get the names and dates!!
Rev. Elizabeth

« #11 : June 18, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »

Our guests will be arriving June 30th. We are still in need of 8 homes, including a home for the teachers.  Will you be able to help?
Please contact me through this sit or at pastorliz@earthlink.net
: [1]  
« previous next »
: