Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Amy Minor - Wins Vermont's Principal Of The Year Award
« previous next »
: [1]
: Amy Minor - Wins Vermont's Principal Of The Year Award  ( 6742 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 06, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »

Note from Sara Villeneuve:

Just heard this tonight - Amy is the wife of Glen Minor and daughter-in-law of Lee and Louise Minor and lives in Westford

Congratulations, Amy

From the Burlington Free Press:

Colchester High School Principal Amy Minor has been honored with the MetLife/NASSP National Principal of the Year Award.

A principal from each of the 50 states gets the award, and Minor is Vermont’s winner, said Sara Ensey, communications director for Colchester schools. Minor could win the overall national award, which will be announced in July, Ensey said.

The NASSP — The National Association of Secondary School Principals — based its award on a long list of professional attributes. Those criteria include continuous professional growth, encouraging higher levels of performance, recognizing and serving the needs of a diverse constituency in the school community, improving teaching, learning and assessment, and ensuring that each student has the best possible chance of attaining success.

Minor will be the keynote speaker at a number of engagements throughout the next year, and will meet with the Vermont congressional delegation to discuss educational issues.

In a statement released to the media Monday, Minor said, “It is deeply humbling to be nominated for such a prestigious honor by my colleagues. This is an incredible opportunity to advocate for education in Vermont and particularly for education in Colchester.”

« : May 07, 2013, 06:55:33 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: