Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:24:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Of Dale Paronto Dies At Age 76
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Of Dale Paronto Dies At Age 76  ( 1532 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2013, 07:01:30 AM »

ROLAND A. “SONNY” PARONTO SR.

ST. GEORGE — Roland A. “Sonny” Paronto Sr., 76, of St. George, died on Friday, April 19, 2013, in Fletcher Allen Health Care.

He was born in Eden on June 8, 1936, the son of the late Roland and Vila (Hart) Paronto. Sonny served in the U.S. Marine Corps, where he became a Korean War veteran. He then transferred to the U.S. Navy, where he retired as Chief. He was also a local U.S.N. Recruiter. Sonny was married to Carol L. Mizener on April 3, 1959.

After retiring from the Navy, he worked at General Electric as a mechanical engineer. He then went on to work for Simmons Precision as a quality control inspector for DECAS. In his retirement, he continued to work for the government giving ASFAB testing, as well as his newest endeavor, “Sonny School of Charm and Tact.”

He is survived by his wife, Carol Paronto of St. George; their children, Dale Paronto of Fairfax, Peggy Davis and husband, Robert, of Highgate Center, Cathy Atherton and husband, Gay, of Georgia, Vt., Roland Paronto Jr. of South Burlington, James Paronto and wife, Dawn, of Saranac, N.Y., and Jodi Thomas and husband, Matthew, of Milton; 10 grandchildren, Jessica, Joseph, Michael, Heather, Cassandra, Caroline, Dustin, Robert, Lindsey, and Meghan; five great¬grandchildren; sister, Elaine Poirier of Dezale, S.C.; brother, Gerald Paronto and wife, Jackie, of Leesburg, Fla.; and many nieces and nephews.

Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Ready Funeral and Cremation Service South Chapel, 261 Shelburne Rd., Burlington. A memorial service will be Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Ready South Chapel. Burial will be at a later date in the Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Randolph. To send online condolences to the family please visit www.readyfuneral.com.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: