Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:18:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Tanker Responding To Structure Fire In Westford
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Tanker Responding To Structure Fire In Westford  ( 7657 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 13, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »

They only needed a tanker.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : March 13, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »

I probably misunderstood, but sounded like they said 905 Rte 128, Westford which according to google places it between the Westford Post Office and the Public Library in Westford Village.  Definitely a wild guess on my part and nothing official.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : March 13, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »

I got stuck in it; it was just north of those large corn fields.  They had closed the road in both directions. this was between 2:30 and 3.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 13, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »

Thanks Rev Elizabeth.  I just received this note also.

"Be advised that VT RT 128 in Westford, in the area of Pettingill Rd, is currently closed due to a chimney fire earlier today. At this point the closure will remain in effect for at least one hour. Detours have been set up for travelers. We will advise if there are any updates and when the road is reopened.

Katie Irish
Williston PSAP
878-7111

Henry Raymond
Fireman David
: 41

« #4 : March 13, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »

Fairfax Fire responded with 1 tanker, and 1 Engine.

Provided fresh personnel for overhaul activities (putting out small areas of fire, within walls and ceiling spaces)

House is a loss,

Essex Engine was first on scene, truck could not make it all of the way to the house due to condition of driveway.

Essex and Underhill Jerico FD's picking up their equipment, Fairfax was released around 4:40.
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : March 13, 2013, 06:22:46 PM »

Channel 3 had a good photo of it and also of the back of one of the Fairfax Firemen, but they do not have the photos up yet:

WESTFORD, Vt. -
A family in Westford is homeless after a fire Wednesday afternoon.

Homeowner Zonker White says he lit a fire in his wood stove, and a short time later found the chimney on fire. He was the only one home and got out safely.

"I used a fire extinguisher because I could see the source on the outside of the chimney, where it was there were flames. I used it once, it did nothing. I ran, grabbed my phone, wallet, shoes, coat, turned off all the power and left the house, dialed 911 when I got outside and they were here amazingly fast," White said.

White says he just moved here in May, but loves it here and plans to rebuild.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : March 13, 2013, 08:23:32 PM »

Courtesy of Fairfax Fire Department From Facebook:

Henry Raymond
Razzle Dazzle

« #7 : March 14, 2013, 04:24:12 AM »

Such a shame.  My thoughts are with the displaced family, but I'm happy nobody was hurt and they are still all together.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: