Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:23:16 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Small Group Gathers For Senior Luncheon
« previous next »
: [1]
: Small Group Gathers For Senior Luncheon  ( 3387 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 16, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »

We did not have a large turnout for our Senior Luncheon yesterday.  We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, tossed salad, mushroom gravy, hot rolls and apple crisp for dessert.  Quite a few of our regulars have left for the warmer climate, but some of our die hard Vermonters wouldn't  think of leaving.  Some of the old timers I was sitting with we're Mildred Warren who will turn 90, Larry Leach in his 80s, Joyce (Bellows) McCuin ??,  Sally Sweet ??,  which made my 60  years in town make me feel like a new comer.  Old timers never get together without checking on the well being of others.  A few serious illnesses were mentioned, but out of respect for their privacy won 't mention them here.  It does make those of us with minor aches and pains feel very fortunate.

It's a great place to meet your friends and neighbors.  Thanks to my daughter for getting me down there and back, even though other people had offered to give me a ride down.  We also have a couple of younger people who volunteer their time to help our regular senior volunteers serve the meal which is prepared by Steeple Market.  Nice gesture on their part.

Some frigid weather coming, so stay warm.

Henry Raymond
FletcherGram
: 103

« #1 : February 26, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »

Hi Henry, I know of a couple of ladies who would like to get out more. Could you refresh my memory as to what day the Luncheons are? Also, do you or your many readers know of any other local senior events in the area? One of the ladies drive and can get to events but she doesn't know what's out there. Any info would be great. Thanks
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 26, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »

Senior Luncheons are the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 12 noon at the fire station.  They do have bingos once a month usually after the luncheon and usually Elaine will let everyone know if something is going on that the seniors might be interested in.  The next luncheon is a week from tomorrow, the same day as Town Meeting.  Do any of the ladies have Internet??  I try to remember to put something up, but don't always remember.

Henry Raymond
FletcherGram
: 103

« #3 : March 02, 2013, 01:26:21 PM »

Thank You for the info. I have passed it along. Hopefully, there will be a couple more ladies attending!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: