Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:05:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  TOWN CLERK/TREASURER CANDIDACY
« previous next »
: [1]
: TOWN CLERK/TREASURER CANDIDACY  ( 3887 )
siamkatz
: 1

« : February 24, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »

My name is Fran Conlon and I am running for the open seats of Town Clerk/Town Treasurer this year for Fairfax.  I would first like to thank all the people who encouraged me and supported me to do this by signing my petition.  I want you to know that your confidence in me is amazing and I will not let you down if elected.

I have lived in the beautiful Town of Fairfax for 29 years and have been happily married to my husband for 32 years.  We have raised our daughter in this town and she attended school here.  During her years at the school, I had been both a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.  I then became a soccer mom, traveling around with her and the team.  I served on the Development Review Board for 3 years and I currently volunteer with the Recreation Department.  I have cooked up and served many omelets to the runners in the Fairfax Egg Run and just this fall, I helped out with the Haunted House.  That was a blast as I was in costume and I’ll bet I even scared a few of you and you had no idea it was me behind that mask!  We are very lucky to have such an active Recreation Department in our Town.  I am the smiling face you see at the yearly Rabies Clinic at the Town Garage helping register your dogs.  I am also an officer with the woman’s Auxiliary of Arrowhead Eagles #4218. Our charity work helps support the Diabetes Foundation.I have had years of experience in financials through my work in Captive Insurance, Disability Insurance and Commercial Insurance.   I served as an account manager in both Captive and Disability insurance.  In Commercial insurance, I was the head of the billing Department overseeing all billing and auditing of policies.  My customer service experience comes from these industries, dealing directly with agents with insureds.  I also worked with medical professionals  obtaining medical information for insurance exams and utilizing extreme confidentially with their medical records .  I have also worked part time in the food service industry serving food, drinks and handling large amounts of cash.

I have always wanted to work in a Town Office since meeting an old Town Clerk back in Sutton.  Doreen Devenger was an amazing woman and clerked up to the day of her sudden death at age 90.  She was an inspiration to me.  The main thing I notice from her influence, and what I find is lacking in part of our office, is quality customer service.  That is a major  thing I want to improve in the office.  I want each and every citizen of Fairfax to be able to enter our doors and feel like they are the most important person in the world when they are there.  I don’t care how big or small their question or request is, it deserves to be treated like it is the most important thing to us at that moment.  I would like to continue doing what I do here by greeting everyone with a smile and being able to cheerfully assist them.  I do not want anyone to walk away from our office feeling like they “bothered” us with their question or request.  I want everyone to feel welcome to come in or call us with any questions or concerns.

I am very pleased when I hear attorneys and land searchers come in and tell me it’s a pleasure to do a land search in Fairfax because all the records are up to date.  There is no back log of recordings to be searched through as they do find in some offices, and they are always greeted with a smile.  They tell me that my customer service is over the top for them.

So, once again, I would like to thank you all for your support and for taking the time to read this.  I hope you will continue to show your support for me when casting your vote this year.

Fran Conlon
rvkids
: 19

« #1 : February 24, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »

We would like to give our endorsement to Fran Conlon. As some of you may  know my husband D.Jay Leach has worked for the  town for 25 years. When ever D.Jay needs to get answers or questions to work related issues Fran always gets it done promptly and professionally. Not to mention she gives the one on one you need does not make you fill like your borthering her.  Fran has a smile that can make a bad day get better .I my self have had the same wonderfull experience with Fran.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : February 25, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »

I completely agree with Kathy and DJ.  I have had nothing but terrific experiences with Fran and she always gets the information I need, no excuses.  She always greets me with a smile and she has never dropped the ball on important information. This is critical and it is why I urge you to vote for Fran!  ~Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: