Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:35:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  School Board Vacancy
« previous next »
: [1]
: School Board Vacancy  ( 5523 )
Rachelle LeVau
: 11

Don't just live....change the world!

« : February 19, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »

Hello to my fellow Fairfax Community members. My name is Rachelle LeVau (although my user name is still set up as my former married name Howard). I am writing because I didn't get the signatures to file my petition to be included on the ballot for the position on the school board. First, I apologize to everybody for not taking care of that. Second, I would like to ask everybody to set that aside and write my name in for the open position. If you do this, the Chair will have an option to appoint me to the position and I will have another opportunity to submit a petition to be on the ballot for the remainder of the term next year. If there is somebody else running, please write my name in anyway. I've served on the board for 6 1/2 years total. I love my work on the school board, I believe that I bring a good voice to the meetings.

I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have through this forum.

Sincerely,
Rachelle LeVau
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 19, 2013, 09:51:02 AM »

Rachel, I was wondering if somebody accidentally wrote down Rachel or Rachel Howard, if that would still count??  As a JP I should know that, but  am afraid a number of people will just remember your old name.

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #2 : February 19, 2013, 12:28:50 PM »

I think it would be the intent of the person voting.  Don't quote me.
Rachelle LeVau

« #3 : February 19, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure that it needs to be my name spelled correctly. Rachelle LeVau.  Thanks for your question.
Watchman
: 47

« #4 : February 19, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »

I'm wondering where you stand on the proposal to extend the bullying policy to cover adults and thus protect them from bullying from other school employees?
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #5 : February 20, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

teachers bullying teachers now there`s a new one
Rachelle LeVau

« #6 : February 24, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »

I don't think anybody is in favor of bullying. The bill before the Vermont house illustrates well how negative bullying can be for a work environment. I don't believe we need legislation to mandate what bullying is, how it should be addressed, or the consequences that should be imposed if it occurs. I have seen bullying in the work place, I have been bullied in the work place. I have done my share of bullying as a supervisor in the past. In the school system, we have avenues for personnel to point out bullying to supervising staff. As a School Board member, I advocate for education of supervisory personnel as to what comprises bullying and why it isn't acceptable. Personnel issues are never discussed in open session out of respect for the confidentiality of the people involved. Additionally, the actions taken to educate any personnel involved would not be public information. I believe the policies and procedures as well as the philosophy of the Fairfax school community address bullying enough and no additional action is needed to protect the rights of school personnel.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: