Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:51:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Please Help A 2012 BFA Graduate Fulfill His Dreams
« previous next »
: [1]
: Please Help A 2012 BFA Graduate Fulfill His Dreams  ( 2860 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 18, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

I was curious as if you would like/be willing to post something to your website, I have prepared a statement that I emailed some teachers at bfa and they suggested your site!  Here goes! (Up for. Editing if you please)

Please help a 2012 BFA graduate fulfill his dreams

Many of you know Tyler Meunier.  Out of those people, most know that he is planning to travel to Ecuador to provide health care to impoverish communities.  Out of 80 applicants, 14 were accepted to go on this journey.  Out of those 14 Tyler was the only freshman.

I am writing you this letter because after Tyler’s many attempts to raise money on his own for his trip, through going to businesses, holding a bottle drive, asking family and friends, posting letters in stores and talking to managers, he is still short on funds.  He has done all he can and it is unfortunately not enough.  I am writing you this personal letter on Tyler’s behalf to help give him an extra push to fulfill the requirements for his mission.

Those of you that know Tyler, know he has given COUNTLESS hours back to the community through various activities.  He has volunteered at soup kitchens, with the Red Cross, at Craft Fairs, at Harvest Fest (at UNE), with Fairfax youth through reffing, coaching and high school friends program and so much more.  He is known to be the guy anyone could ask anything from and he would do honestly all he could to lend a hand or give advice.  I am not going to disguise this and say “this isn’t a plea for attention or money” because honestly, it is.  If he doesn’t get the $600 more he needs to pay for this trip he will need to get a third job (while at college) to return the monetary donations he has already invested into the trip.  If those who have been influenced by Tyler in a positive way, donated $5-$10 he would meet his quota instantly.  The sad part is, if he had saved all of the money that he has donated himself to other nonprofit organizations it would take away a good chunk of the burden.  He is the most selfless person I have ever met, and I know this has got to be the case for some other people too.  I hope the community will recognize this and give back to those who have given to it.  This isn’t some sort of “college getaway” or “vacation”.  Tyler has recently switched his major to osteopathic medicine (http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health/about-dos/about-osteopathic-medicine/Pages/default.aspx), and this trip is focused exactly on what he will be doing with the rest of his life.  It is truly sad, though, that a dollar amount could be what keeps the most unmaterialistic person I know from following his dreams and continuing to help others.  Tyler has just over a week left before he has to submit his money or his resignation.  I hope those who have thought of donating will take action and I hope that I have persuaded others to do so as well, please continue to spread the word.  Thank you so much for reading through this, and to those who have already donated, it means more than you know.  Below is a website through which you can donate via pay-pal or credit/debit card which is a direct donation to his “Ecuador Fund”.  If you do not have a pay-pal account or card you can write checks or give cash donations in person to me, his parents or Mr. Buckingham and we will be sure to relay your generosity.  If you have any questions or want more information on his trip, please feel free to ask!  Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Sierra Benoit, current BFA student

Donation link: http://www.youcaring.com/mission-trip-fundraiser/Trip-to-Ecuador-for-an-International-Medical-Mission/38122
« : February 20, 2013, 01:37:09 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: