Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:24:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No More First Class Mail Delivery On Saturdays Starting In August
« previous next »
: [1]
: No More First Class Mail Delivery On Saturdays Starting In August  ( 2957 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 06, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »

The U.S. Postal Service will announce it will end Saturday home delivery of letters and other first-class mail, but will still deliver packages, starting in August.

The cut is expected to mean a savings of about $2 billion annually, according to The Associated Press.

A press conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. ET Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/money/Postal-Service-to-cut-Saturday-mail/-/8869718/18428662/-/i6lhq0/-/index.html#ixzz2K7rABXNE

Henry Raymond
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : February 06, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

I still think they should sub-lease space to other vendors like Redbox and Coinstar. That would get them more traffic.
trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 06, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »

I think this is a reasonable cut.  I've always wondered why there was still mail delivery on Saturdays.  and I like the idea that Saturday delivery IS an option, just as it is with Fedex and UPS.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
msm
: 211

« #3 : February 10, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »

really -- It's about Time !!

If you were running a business and you had to continually borrow Billions of  $$ every year to stay in business --  You must cut costs ...   Federal Government has no clue how to run a business .. .. In their mind,  it's OK to borrow, just to pay the bills and worry about it later .... Say nothing about the pay and benefits ... Simple Business Case Review,  this model stinks -- fix it ...   This is only a band-aid too -- Why thrown away Billions -- Fix it ..
: [1]  
« previous next »
: