Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:51:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC January Meeting Notes
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC January Meeting Notes  ( 2856 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : January 28, 2013, 05:57:20 AM »

Below are highlights from Citizens for Fairfax Community's January 8 Board meeting:

One new and exciting initiative for 2013:
                    A Spring Home Show with a Local Flavor on May 11

Volunteers and ideas are needed. Please email Mark Hunziker at mark@vtwellness.net if you would like to help.

Present were: Katrina Antonovich, Susannah Chamberlin*, Amanda Duling*, Barbara Duval*, Mark Hunziker*, Ann Lemieux, Robbie Rodimer*, Doug Stuart*, Mary Taylor* and Harold Vance III*

*indicates current Board members

Possible 2013 Activities:

Grants: We need someone to watch for grant opportunities and someone who is willing to write them

Haunted House: All agreed that this successful event should be continued. Ann has an idea for the design and will take the lead. Everyone's help will be needed at all stages.

Community Day: We also agreed that we wanted to participate again in this July 4 event. Katrina said it would be helpful if we could take charge of the food and Doug agreed to head this up.

Success by Six: Amanda has informed this community group, which supports young families, that we would like to help. They have a quarterly meeting this Thursday and Robbie agreed to attend as our representative.

Good Neighbor Award: This award is given to a Realtor for Community Service and if Ann Lemieux were to win it could mean $10,000 for CFC. The application is due May 18th  and Mark will write a letter on behalf of CFC.

Home Show: Ann  submitted a proposal for a Home Show with a local flavor. We agreed that we could try this in the spring and came up with a suggested date of May 11th. CFC Board Members were asked to contact potential vendors, exhibitors and educators.

SAP Run: Katrina said the Fairfax Athletic Boosters have done this in the past and if they are not planning the event for this year, it is something CFC could take on.

New Resident Orientation and/or Packet: The group is interested in creating a packet for new residents as a service to the community and a way to raise our visibility. Susannah will head this up and Mary and Barb will work with her.

Hunters' Breakfast: We have cosponsored this with the Masons in the past and plan to continue this collaboration.

Bean Hole Supper: Although we would like to revive this tradition, it is not something we think we can manage this year.

Baptist Building on Historic Register: Robbie is working on this.

Baptist Building Maintenance: It is our goal to stay in close touch with the Masons around the needs of the building (Mark) and to actively participate as much as possible.

Insurance: Doug has been investigating Officers and Directors Insurance policies. Robbie will put him in touch with a company that works with several non-profits. We also need to look into insurance for particular events, when we are not cosponsoring with an insured entity.

Scrapbooking Event: Katrina suggested that a scrapbooking event where people who sell supplies would be present and people could work on projects might be very successful. Some sort of refreshments would be served.

Next Meeting will be on February 12 at 7 PM at the United Church of Fairfax.

Questions? Contact Amanda Duling at asduling@gmail.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 28, 2013, 07:54:11 AM »

Ann Lemieux will be running for the Selectboard Position being vacated by Bob Horr.  I believe this is a two year term.  Ann has been very active in many volunteer activities over many years and certainly will get my vote.

Henry Raymond
tfence
: 257

« #2 : January 28, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »

Good for you Ann, Great for the town. You also have my vote.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: