Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:47:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Going To Be A Cold One
« previous next »
: [1]
: Going To Be A Cold One  ( 1899 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 22, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »

As cold as it has been, it will become even colder today, and especially over the next several nights.  The combination of very low temperatures and brisk winds will make it dangerously cold tonight & Wednesday.

A *WIND CHILL ADVISORY* will go into effect at 9 PM tonight until 7 PM Wednesday for the Champlain Valley, central VT & NH, and southern VT.  Wind chills will be in the -20 to -25 range. 

A *WIND CHILL WARNING* will be in effect for those same times for most of northern NY, the Northeast Kingdom and northern NH.  Wind chills could be as low as -35 tonight in the Warning areas.

This bitterly cold air will be hanging around through the end of the week.  Then a slow warm-up will take place as we head into the weekend.

Make sure to cover all exposed skin if you are outside, keep the pets inside, check on elderly neighbors, and make sure your heating systems are working properly.

Henry Raymond
Harold
: 45

« #1 : January 22, 2013, 09:56:33 PM »

Thanks, Henry.  We've got the heat lamp on for the chickens tonight. 

"If you don't know where you are, you don't know who you are."
-Wendell Berry
: [1]  
« previous next »
: