Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:45:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Local Business Announcements
| | |-+  New Reading Group at the Library: Memorable Memoirs
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Reading Group at the Library: Memorable Memoirs  ( 2450 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : January 15, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »

Memoirs come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: they are not autobiographies. Rather than a straight chronology of the author’s life, memoirs hone in on a specific feature of that life. The following memoirs use both traditional and unconventional formats to do just that.

Join us at the library for our newest book series through the Vermont Humanities Council. All are welcome to attend one session or all four. Sign out your copy our first book at the the library today! Our first discussion group is the poignant work, The Education of Henry Adams, by Henry Adams. Our discussion leader is John R. Turner.

Thursday, February 7, 6:30 pm: Henry Adams, The Education of Henry Adams
Scholar: John R. Turner

Thursday, March 7, 6:30 pm: Eudora Welty, One Writer’s Beginnings
Scholar: Sherry Olson

Thursday, April 11, 6:30 pm: Russell Baker, Growing Up
Scholar: Helene Lang

Thursday, May 9, 6:30 pm: Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Scholar: John R. Turner

Please feel free to contact the library with any questions at 849-2420.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: