Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:57:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Protestor at BFA Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Protestor at BFA Fairfax  ( 11487 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 18, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »

There may be a person, or a group, protesting fifth grade students sending holiday cards from BFA Fairfax.
I am expecting him somewhere near the Elementary entrance this morning.

Someone came into Town Office yesterday and inquired about procedure for protesting.
He has the right to protest.
I was not in the office at the time and do not know who this is.

I have called the principal's cell phone.

Merry Christmas !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Trekr
: 140

« #1 : December 18, 2012, 07:21:59 AM »

Chris, Holiday cards to whom? Who could be against good holiday wishes? Or as I say Christmas wishes
Papi
: 66

« #2 : December 18, 2012, 07:32:25 AM »

The 1st amendment applies to all of us...so feel free to counter-protest this clown...
slpott
: 457

« #3 : December 18, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »

After what just happened at an elementary school, I do not feel that this should be allowed. Those poor children have enough on their minds. This absolutely blows my mind.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : December 18, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

Chris, could the protestor be talking about the cards being sent to the soldiers?   Been a little out of the loop for the past few weeks, but thought I saw something about that?

Henry Raymond
janet
: 51

« #5 : December 18, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »

I certainly hope the administrators have called the state police about this protest.  What kind of person is this?  As Henry said, it might be cards for our troops.
lena6
: 357

« #6 : December 18, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »

If he is not known, they do not have to let him in.  I hope if he does protect it will be outdoors and he will get friggin wet .  Some people have a hole where their heart should be.  I know, he has a right just as much as I do writing this.  I am so heart sick about Newtown and now this.  Leave our babies alone.  Let them enjoy Xmas.
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #7 : December 18, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »

They should not be allowed on school grounds. If they are protesting sending CHRISTMAS cards to the troops please send them down Hunt St across from the baseball field. There is a veteran I know lives there and will set them straight. REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!! Merry Christmas to all
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : December 18, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

Very sad that someone feels the need to protest about this.  He does have the right, he does not have the right to be on the property, I thought they had to be right outside the boundaries; but I could be wrong.  At any rate, the purpose of this protest makes me sick!

The kids doing something harmless and good during the holidays, no matter what your religion is, a kind word and wishes for a joyful holiday should never be taken anyway in my book.

This person must be a very unhappy character in life to protest this.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
logical
: 141

« #9 : December 18, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »

Unbelievable!
trussell
: 870

« #10 : December 18, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »

Has there been confirmation as to exactly WHAT is being protested?  And if anyone is actually doing it?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #11 : December 18, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

Did this  protest actually happen?
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #12 : December 18, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »

I did not see anyone protesting this morning.
I will be there this afternoon as well.

I was with Lt. Tom Hango of the Vermont State Police and Franklin County Sheriff Bob Norris when I received the message.
They are both aware.
We all understand the right to protest.

Some students did make cards for troops, the Fairfax Pharmacy, Union Bank and the Fairfax News donated candy
and my wife mailed them all to our troops with money from the Fairfax News.

The message I received did not mention cards to troops,
but did mention cards to legislators, which is most probably a mistake.

I did speak with Principal Tom Walsh prior to school opening.

My concern is for parents and I want them to know as much as possible of what's going on, especially with our kids.

Merry Christmas to all !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Thor

« #13 : December 18, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

Chris,

Out of curiousity, did the topic of Sandy Hook come up in discussion with Lt Hango and Sheriff Norris? When is the last time they trained for that scenario?

Off topic I know, but I figure if the "protester" needs some enlightenment, there are enough around who can assist him in that.

Thor
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #14 : December 18, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »

There was no protestor....
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: