Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:36:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rep. Greg Clark Dies in Car Crash
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rep. Greg Clark Dies in Car Crash  ( 3232 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : November 30, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Fatal Crash in Waltham
Waltham, VT – The Vermont State Police were contacted at approximately 7:30AM this morning regarding a vehicle crash on US Route 7, near Woodman Hill that involved a possible fatality. Emergency responders and troopers were dispatched immediately to the scene. Upon arrival, CPR was initiated on a critically injured adult male. The injured male was transported by Vergennes Rescue to Porter Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

Upon investigation it was learned that Vermont State House Representative Greg Clark, age 65 of Vergennes, was traveling southbound on US Route 7, when he stopped his 2001 Subaru Forester in the roadway and exited the vehicle to clear his windshield.

Southbound motorist Todd Garthaffner, age 41 of Addison, pulled off the road in front of Clark’s Subaru and exited his 2010 Chevy truck, a Waitsfield Telecom service vehicle, to advise Clark to move out of the road because visibility was bad. Clark pulled the Subaru over more, partially into the shoulder, and again got out of his vehicle to continue clearing the windshield.

A short time later, another southbound vehicle, a 2003 Honda Civic operated by Rolf Trinkner, age 74 of Ferrisburgh, struck Clark while he was standing outside his vehicle.

Garthaffner also sustained minor injuries in the crash. Trinkner sustained no injuries.

Vergennes Police Department, Vergennes Fire and Rescue, and Agency of Transportation were dispatched to the scene and were integral in the incident response. Vermont State Police troopers from New Haven Barracks, along with members of the Crash Reconstruction Team, remain on scene and continue to investigate the crash. The Addison County State’s Attorney and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner have been notified.

The vehicles are clear from the roadway, however please expect continued traffic delays in the area near the crash scene. We encourage travelers to have patience and use caution while emergency crews continue to investigate the crash.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #1 : December 01, 2012, 11:57:49 PM »

Greg and I taught together for 4 years - he was a wonderful guy and the very first friend I made at Mount Abe.
I'm so sorry and very sad to learn of his passing.

Wish I didn't have to find out this way
: [1]  
« previous next »
: