Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:58:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Four Cadets From UVM Headed to NYC For A Week Of Volunteer Work
« previous next »
: [1]
: Four Cadets From UVM Headed to NYC For A Week Of Volunteer Work  ( 2705 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 12, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »

My grandson "Henry" was up to visit me this weekend and was telling me that he is one of four UVM ROTC Cadets volunteering to go to NYC for a week to help out with the SANDY disaster.  I asked him to send me his orders as my memory is not good enough to get this right by just listening.  He is quite excited about it.  I know they have to have passes that verify background checks to allow them to be volunteers.  This is probably not something that many of you will not be interested in, but "Gramp" sure is proud of him. 
« : November 12, 2012, 03:52:13 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 13, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »

And his Aunt is also VERY Proud of him!! 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : November 19, 2012, 10:03:38 AM »

From what we are hearing all is well in NYC after Sandy - Understand that the Mayor has sent the Guard Home, however, I am getting a different story from my grandson and several of his friends who are down at Breezy Point, NY helping these poor people out.  Yesterday they were helping a Vietnam Veteran and an Elderly Woman get the mud and debris out of their cellars.  This has been very enlightening to my grandson and his friends and hopefully I will be able to get my hands on some other photos of the area. To give you an idea of the area that he is working in, click on the following link:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/31/14817184-devastated-ny-community-built-by-firefighters-burned-beyond-their-reach?lite

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: