Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:01:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The 80's/90's
« previous next »
: [1]
: The 80's/90's  ( 2481 )
nhibbard
: 393

« : October 29, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

For those who grew up during the 80's and 90's, you might enjoy a resurgence of the great cartoons and toys from that time period. I'm a huge fan of games and toys from those periods. Lately, G.I. Joe has come back along with Thundercats and if I read right, Jem and the Holograms will have a premium toy line again too.

There's a great webstore called ShoutFactory who bought up a lot of the old shows and is finally putting them on widespread release DVD. There is also a fun collector store in the U-Mall that carries and amazing collection of old toys.

If you're every looking for a good quality show with a positive message for your kids, there are a lot of old shows posted on YouTube now as well. Captain Planet, COPs, M.A.S.K, Jem, King Arthur & the Knights of Justice. The animation and messages are far better than Sponge Bob, and you can't easily find toys for them so there's not much worry about having to look at the toy store.
Harold
: 45

« #1 : November 11, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »

Don't forget Fraggle Rock!

"If you don't know where you are, you don't know who you are."
-Wendell Berry
: [1]  
« previous next »
: