Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:20:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Publisher's Clearing House Millionaire Opportunity Has Arrived
« previous next »
: [1]
: Publisher's Clearing House Millionaire Opportunity Has Arrived  ( 4265 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 22, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »

For years and years I always very carefully filled out all the needed information and returned it to Publisher's Clearing House, just hoping I would be the lucky winner.  The first receipt was just a teaser as you kept getting new opportunities reminding you that you had to check everything, because if you didn't your submission would not be valid.  Maryann always used to get a chuckle out of it, until finally I decided enough was enough and stopped sending them in.  Hadn't received one in a long time, until last week.  It just brought back the memories of the many hours I spent doing that, but I will not be doing that again.

Henry Raymond
nancyd
: 304

« #1 : October 22, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »

Henry, I did the same thing for years!!!!! I too don't do that anymore. I'll take my chances with Mega Millions! Or maybe Atlantic City....that's more fun. Once years ago, we won $9,000.00 in one night playing slots. Those days are gone, I'm sure.
Nancyd
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 23, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »

I wonder how many kids today have even heard of Publisher's Clearing House?

I remember the commercials and Dad filling it out and waiting. Plus there were not all these other options out there like Megabucks and such in our area.  We had Publisher's Clearing House and the Grand Union Horse Race Tickets!! Does anyone remember those? 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
trussell
: 870

« #3 : October 23, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »

I vaguely remember the horse race tickets- they were little stamps, right?  Were those something that needed to be purchased? Or did you get them free depending on how much you spent?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : October 24, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »

Yes Trevor!  I held on to them like they were a "Golden ticket", LOL.  I know we won free tickets and like $1 & $5, not much to mom and dad, but to me as a little duffer, I thought that was amazing!

My sister Sherry and I had piano lessons and I would get to watch tv (the horse races were on then) while she had her lesson.  Needless to say I tend to get a little too excited when our horse one us something. Hee Hee

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
nhibbard
: 393

« #5 : October 29, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »

MSNBC had a whole article on the fact that Publisher's was legitimate still and would hunt you down wherever you were in short order to delivery your huge check.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: