Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:25:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  John Mitchell for Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Mitchell for Fairfax  ( 3563 )
petefitz
: 96

« : November 03, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »

I am supporting John Mitchell for Fairfax's next representative.  He has a long history of community service in town, including service on the selectboard.  His long career running a business makes him keenly aware of the issues facing the job creators in this state.  He will be a voice for policies that create an environment where our kids can have a good education as they grow up, and a job available when they graduate.  Please vote for John on Tuesday!  If you support John reply to this post!

Peter Fitzgerald
Fairfax, VT
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : November 04, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »

FINALLY we get to have our say at the polls.  As many of you know I am running for the House of Representatives for Fairfax and to replace Gary Gilbert who decided not to seek reelection.  I had no intention of running for office having just retired from 40 years in business.  Gary approached me in December informing me of his decision not to run this year and encouraged me to throw my hat in the ring.  Gary has endorsed me and I thank him and Peggy for that.

I have served the Town of Fairfax in many ways over the years including Select Board, Cub and Boy Scout Leader, youth sports coach, Untied Church board, choir member, Past Master Lamoille Lodge #6 F&AM, current BFA Trustees Treasurer, zoning administrator, Fairfax Resuce Board.  I chose early in life to give back to the community that supported me and my family and I am glad I did.

In the larger community I have served on the boards of directors of Northwest Medical Center, Ronald McDonald House, Vermont Grocers' Assoc., Vermont Petroleum Assoc., and  Business Roundtable in Montpelier.  This past year I was honored as Vermont Grocers' Person of the Year 2012 as  well as recieving the National Grocers' Assoc. "Spirit of America" Award given to only 400 people nationally over the past 20 years.

I am a Viet Nam Combat Veteran having served in the highland jungles with the 4th Infantry Division during 1968 & 69.

My wife Susan and I raised our sons, Scott and Matt, here and they are BFA Alumni.  Sue was school nurse for 23 years.  Our grandchildren attend BFA Elemantary.  We are very active in the Fairfax commjunity and love it. The house in which we live has been in the family since about 1903 or one hundred nine years.  We have a small sheep and tree farm here in the village and this place used to house a small dairy operation (6 cows milking).

For those who do not know me I think I come prepared to once again serve this community on a different level and to make us all proud that we live in Fairfax.

Many thanks to Gary Gilbert and Carolyn Branagan having served us well over several years.

I would appreciate your vote on Tuesday.    Regards and thanks   John Mitchell
slpott
: 457

« #2 : November 05, 2012, 07:15:20 AM »

You got my vote and I thank you for all you have done for this community.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : November 05, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »

You have have my Vote also John. Thank for all your service to our town and you combat service to our country.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: