Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:37:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Pre-K Education
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pre-K Education  ( 7639 )
cedarman
: 370

« : October 22, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

I am looking at what Pre-K education options are available in the Fairfax, Georgia, St. Albans area for 4 yr olds (Private school options, peoples recommendations??)
tfence
: 257

« #1 : October 22, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »

Going Places Learning Center 849-9030 behind J&L hardware

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
CLach
: 98

« #2 : October 22, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »

Our two children have attended Going Places since they were babies (now 5 and 2 1/2) and they both love it there.  Teachers do a great job as well as the owners.  I recommend it. 
ASDuling
: 75

« #3 : October 22, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »

My daughter went to Main Street School in St. Albans when she was 3 and 4. It's a great program and she was well-prepared for Kindergarten this year.
Family of 5
: 26

« #4 : October 23, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

Hello --

We have had a wonderful private pre-K experience.  Please feel free to call us: 802-735-5109.
slpott
: 457

« #5 : October 24, 2012, 06:26:05 AM »

I hear little academy is wonderful and very sought out.
Kelly
: 1

« #6 : October 25, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »

I have a 4 year old at Going Places Learning Center.  We really like it.  The teachers are great!
cedarman
: 370

« #7 : November 15, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »

i've heard good things about Going Places, but I think I need to look more in St. Albans.  I work in Rouses Point, NY, so with travel time, almost any delay on my trip home would make me late for pick-up  :(  I appreciate the suggestions.

Has anyone had experience with Blooming Minds or Little Einsteins in St. Albans?
ASDuling
: 75

« #8 : November 15, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »

You can also go to the Building Bright Futures web site at http://buildingbrightfutures.org/  Child Care Information System (BFIS) and look up Preschool/child care options in Franklin County. It provides a lot of info about each facility. I found it very helpful. Good luck!
tfence
: 257

« #9 : December 06, 2012, 07:16:25 AM »

Although Building Bright Futures is a great place to start. They give you a list of the chilcare available that is governed by the VT. This will weed out the ones that are running illegally. They do not in anyway have any information on the quality of care. They do have a violation section that is added onto by the number of visits you get from the states licenser and the longer you are in business the more chances you have for additional violations. That never come off. The licensers have to put something down for their own job justification.  In addition, like many people in a powerfull positions, they tend to add personal emotions of power into their jobs. (if they don't like you, you will pay for it) (if they like you personally, you will never have a violation). So, if you are choosing childcare. Word of mouth is the best way to go. Same goes true for many other trades and services. Go for a few tours. Trust your gut. When your child starts, spend a lot of time visiting during the transition period. It is recommende that you get involved with your center on a regular basis. It is welcomed in most centers. This is just my opinion. Bright Futures is a great organization and we are glad to have it in place for the safety of our children. Like every organization there is some flaws in it.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: