Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:14:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  money money
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: money money  ( 13065 )
nhibbard
: 393

« #15 : November 06, 2012, 06:14:58 PM »

It could be sustainable to the detriment of the education fund that is giving this money back. A more streamlined approach that meets the goal of equalizing taxation could be easily accomplished through an income sensitive credit or deduction that takes renters, administration and landlords out of the program. Some people do not even file for these "needed" funds until months after they receive the paperwork. Is it that necessary to have if this occurs. And then filling out paperwork that is overly complicated because the income limits for the program are calculated in a way that is more time consuming than filing an entire 1040.

I'd just like to see programs removed that are needlessly expensive in light of simple alternatives.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #16 : November 08, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »

well said,but i say renters still should not be able to vote on local issues
gasman353

« #17 : November 09, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »

Edited due to guest posting
« : November 19, 2012, 08:30:46 AM Henry »
nhibbard

« #18 : November 20, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »

Do you think any legislation will go through on a change? Moving the funds to an nome based housing credit would be easier to administer and fund at a set level.
cedarman
: 370

« #19 : December 04, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »

a lot of renters are long term residents in the towns in which they live.  Their rent pays for the property in which they live.  For MOST, an increase in taxes and other legislative expenses result in increases in the rent they pay.

Ed, I don't understand your rationale for saying they shouldn't be able to vote on local matters.  MAYBE if you lived in a college town were there are a lot of temporary renters, I could understand y u would feel that way, but for more rural areas away from colleges, there are far more long term renters than short term ones who move town to town frequently
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #20 : December 04, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »

cedar.i see more of it than you do trust me when i say this
nhibbard

« #21 : December 05, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »

There is an assumption that tax increases get passed on. Not all do and that shows that rents are not tied to costs but to the profits a landlord wants to generate. Rent is rent, you should not get that back. It's not tied to taxes and what you are willing to pay is between you and the landlord.

I could see some opinions on voting because it could materially affect the landlord and then they would need to weigh their options in raising rents. But you'd also have to look at the other side of having a few landlords controlling the way a town built out and ran if long term renters could not vote.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: