Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:28:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Comments Sought Maple Syrup
« previous next »
: [1]
: Comments Sought Maple Syrup  ( 2113 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 13, 2012, 10:49:53 AM »

Public Comment Sought on Proposed Maple Grade Changes
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets, in partnership with the Vermont Sugarmakers Association and UVM Extension, will hold three public meetings to take comment on the proposed changes to the maple grading system.

The changes have been proposed to align the Vermont grading system with the standard recommended by the International Maple Syrup Institute.  Members of the public will be given the opportunity to provide comment.

Meeting dates and locations are as follows:
·         Tuesday, October 16 – Middlebury American Legion Post 27, 49 Wilson Road, Middlebury

·         Wednesday, October 17 – South Woodstock Fire Station, Rt. 106, South Woodstock

·         Thursday, October 18 – Lamoille Union Tech Center, Rt. 15, Hyde Park

The meetings will begin promptly at 7:00pm. After a brief presentation outlining the proposed changes, discussion will be moderated by Lynn Coale, Director of the Hannaford Career Center and a member of the Agriculture and Forest Products Development Board.

Input from these meetings will inform future consideration of the maple grading system standards. For a chart explaining the proposed changes, please visit http://www.internationalmaplesyrupinstitute.com/uploads/7/0/9/2/7092109/__chart_comparing_existing_grades_to_imsi_standard.pdf

For more information, please contact Henry Marckres at the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets: 802-828-3458

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: