Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:10:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Little Excitement In Town Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Little Excitement In Town Yesterday  ( 8384 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 30, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »

First off to start in the early morning we had a fire up on Brush Road - I took a ride up there last night to see if I could get a photo.  There was a sign there that said Brush Road, but I did not venture driving in - Could see a building that apparently was burned to the ground, but the driveway was a little too steep for me to walk down.  The Messenger had nothing in last night's paper, but rumor has it that the place was owned by Lee Denizot (Now Deceased)

As I was driving up Fletcher Road yesterday and approaching Swamp Road, heard sirens going to beat the band, so drove to the side of the road and stopped having no idea where they were coming from.  All of a sudden a Vermont State Police car shoots out of Swamp Road on to Fletcher Road and headed towards the village.  When I got to the house, listened to my scanner and heard Fairfax Rescue dispatched to the end of Hunt Street for an unknown medical problem.  Appears that some guy was living in the woods down there and was a wanted person.  They had a picture of him on Channel 3 last night, but I was unable to find it on their web site this morning.  If I remember right, he was a Fletcher Man with the last name Wolcott.

Maybe today will be a quieter day in Fairfax

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : August 30, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »

I have the details posted on www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Being a Fletcher person, I figured I'd wait to post on your site.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : August 30, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : August 30, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »

August 29, 2012

[MEDIANORTH] ARREST OF WANTED PERSON Greg Wolcottt in FAIRFAX, VT

STATE OF VERMONT

DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

VERMONT STATE POLICE

PRESS RELEASE  Arrest of WANTED PERSON Greg Wolcott (8-26-79)

CASE#   Multiple Case numbers

TROOPER:  Trooper Cory Lozier                                                 

STATION:  VSP ST. ALBANS                 

CONTACT#: 524-5993

DATE/TIME: August 29, 2012 at approximately 1500 hours

VIOLATION: Three outstanding warrants: Escape- as a result of an assault

Escape custody-furlough ($2500 bail) and LSA, Excessive speed ($5000 bail.  Resisting arrest and Attempting to Escape. 

Wolcott is also a suspect in a large number of burglaries in the Franklin County and Chittenden County areas.

ACCUSED: Greg Wolcott                                                                                               

CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:  Fletcher, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On August 29th, 2012 State Troopers with the assistance of the United States Border Patrol and Department of Corrections Field Supervision Unit officers converged upon - and took into custody - 33 year-old Gregory Wolcott of Fletcher, VT for multiple outstanding warrants.

Wolcott had been wanted by the Department of Corrections for several counts of Escape from furlough since May 2012.  Additionally, Wolcott is the primary person of interest in dozens of burglaries, terrorizing the Champlain Valley over the past six weeks. 

The VSP investigation led law enforcement to the Lamoille River in Fairfax, VT.  Wolcott was located and converged upon.  As law enforcement attempted to apprehend Wolcott, he attempted to flee on an ATV.  During this desperate attempt, Wolcott crashed the ATV into a tree and continued his attempt on foot.  This last escape attempt failed as Troopers located Wolcott on the river bank along Hunt Road where Wolcott was taken into custody.

Wolcott was processed at the St. Albans State Police barracks and currently being held without bail.  Wolcott is expected to be in Franklin County District court at a later date. 

S/T Cory Lozier
Vermont State Police
St. Albans Barracks
Phone:  (802) 524-5993

Fax:      (802) 527-1150

Email:   clozier@dps.state.vt.us

Henry Raymond
logical
: 141

« #4 : August 30, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »

I wonder how long he had been in the area. 
Travis

« #5 : August 30, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »

He's been in the area for several weeks and has been stealing fruit and vegetables from at least one garden and even raided a refrigerator in a local residence. This was confirmed by the state police.

I should have investigated better when my dog went crazy several times this summer. I just thought it was deer or other animals she was barking at, but this was above and beyond her attitude towards wildlife. I've seen her react to deer, turkey, coyotes, etc., and should have realized this was her bark towards people she knows don't belong in the area. Very scary that this guy has been around my house.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : August 30, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

Glad he did not enter your home Travis... And I am very glad he has been caught.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Travis

« #7 : August 31, 2012, 06:20:26 AM »

I'm happy he didn't enter my home too. The person who's fridge was raided feels violated. This guy was in their house and probably living on their property for weeks. Very scary.
logical

« #8 : August 31, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »

Kind of scarry knowing he was so close to so many residences and the school.  Glad he has been caught.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #9 : August 31, 2012, 09:10:57 AM »

I had pictures of a guy on my trail camera 2 weeks ago both walking and on a 4 wheeler in that area I wonder if it was him......

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Razzle Dazzle

« #10 : September 01, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

Scary...glad he's back where he belongs.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #11 : September 01, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »

DATE/TIME: 08/20/12 at approximately 2100 hours
VIOLATION: Attempting to elude, operation after suspension, attempted escape

ACCUSED: Bradley Therrien                                                                                         
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Georgia, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT: On August 20, 2012 at approximately 2100 hours, Bradley
Therrien (31) was arrested by the Vermont State Police after a short foot
pursuit near 21 Waller Road in Georgia. Members of the St. Albans barracks had
been working a detail in the area in an attempt to locate a fugitive from
justice (not Therrien) and encountered Therrien driving an atv away from the area that was being searched. Encounters with the fugitive over the previous weeks confirmed that he was in possession of an atv. Due to this information and the proximity to the search area it was thought that the operator of the atv was likely the fugitive.

The operator, Bradley Therrien, who was operating this ATV on a public highway with a criminally suspended license subsequently attempted to elude State Police as he abandoned the ATV behind a residence on Waller Road and fled on foot. 

After a brief foot pursuit Therrien was taken into custody by State Troopers.

Therrien was subsequently transported to the St. Albans Barracks for processing.  At the conclusion of the processing Therrien was released with a citation to appear in Franklin County District Court on 10/08/2012 at 1:00 pm to answer the above charges.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: