Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:59:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Joe Sinagra is a creep! Don't vote for him on Tuesday!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Joe Sinagra is a creep! Don't vote for him on Tuesday!  ( 3776 )
fletchtb
: 310

« : August 26, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

http://www.wcax.com/story/19380570/race-for-franklin-countys-senate-seats

This seals the deal for me. I will certainly not be voting for Joe Sinagra for State Senate on Tuesday. The creep purchased a rival's name domain (normmcallister.com) and redirected it to his own website. If you are voting in the Republican Primary on Tues, I urge you NOT to vote for Joe Sinagra. We don't need someone with his ethics representing us in Montpelier!

Todd Baumeister
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : August 27, 2012, 05:05:28 AM »

submitted to the Fairfax News (coming out today)

From Carolyn

I strongly support  Norm McAllister and Dustin Degree, candidates for the Vermont State Senate.

My friend and colleague Rep. Norm McAllister announced intentions to run for the Vermont State Senate from Franklin County several weeks ago.  For more than ten years, Norm and I have worked closely together for the betterment of the people of Franklin County. Norm has represented the Franklin County communities of  Highgate, Franklin, Berkshire and Richford and has served on both the House Human Services Committee and the House Agriculture Committee. He is currently the only working farmer in the Vermont General Assembly. Norm knows how to work hard; he understands Vermont agriculture; he is a good speaker; he has common sense

Dustin Degree is smart, energetic, hard working and honest. Dustin Degree represents the future. He'll make Franklin County and Alburgh better and has the experience in state government and the energy to get things done. Dustin's influence in the House of Representatives has been strong and I am hoping his influence will continue in the Senate.

Vermont obviously faces problems as agriculture and small businesses across the state lose legislative support. The continuing economic struggles are affecting Vermont's ability to grow economically. Both these men will do a good job for Franklin County in the  position of State Senator.  The Primary Election will be on August 28 and voting Please join me in voting for Norm McAllister  and Dustin Degree for Franklin County Senator.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #2 : August 27, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »

Dear Fairfax,
For the past ten years, I have a proven strong record against higher fees on businesses and have voted against property tax increases. I have voted consistantly for tougher laws against sex offenders and supported stronger DWI laws. I also worked on reworking the State Child Custody laws.
I opposed the physician assisted suicide while in the Human Services Committee and was put on a summer study about Palitive Care. From the study, I wrote legislation that required doctors to take updated education courses on end of life care. This, in my opinion, is a much better solution than suicide.
This past year, I helped with the Working Landscapes Bill. This is to help my agricultural and forest entreprenuers with business plans and fundingsources. I feel this can help create new business opportunities and jobs in Franklin County.
These are some of the areas I have worked on over the past ten years. I have always scored 80% or higher from the Vermont Chamber of Commerce for my voting record on legislation that supports businesses.
Lastly, I am the last working dairy farmer in the State House and that gives me a working knowledge of what our farmers are up against. I also, along with my wife, own a small greenhouse operation that we sell bedding and vegetable plants from in the spring. We also own a small maple orchard that we sell sap from and we sell vegetables from our roadside stand on the farm and we supply other stands and local schools with our produce.
This experience gives me the first hand knowledge of what is needed to move diversified agriculture forward, because I do not just talk about it, I LIVE IT!
Rep. Norm McAllister

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #3 : August 27, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »

Dear Fairfax,
Over the last two months, I've spent much of my time getting into the nooks and crannies of our beautiful county. The reception I was given each time I pulled into a driveway or knocked on a door was always pleasant and respectful, even if I happened to interrupt dinner and for that I am very thankful.
I've traveled from Alburgh to Fairfax and everywhere in between. I spent four days cooking in the hot sun at Field Days and have done my best to meet as many voters as possible to discuss the issues they care about most. What I've found is that more than anything, the folks of our county want someone in the Senate who understands how special our way of life is here.  Many people openly assert that life here is indeed different than in some other parts of the state, and feel a deep responsibility to elect people who will fight to protect it.
That means, working to find ways to bolster our agricultural economy. Many people have expressed interest in the idea of bringing processing for our local food here to the county. It's an idea championed by Norm McAllister, another candidate for State Senate, and I think one worth looking at.  It could add jobs, and increase profits for local produce and allow farmers to grow more and sell longer.
It also means working to lower our states cost of living. Lower taxes, cheaper higher education and housing costs are all real concerns for Vermonters. For too long the legislature has refused to put any effort in making it more affordable to live, work and raise a family in Vermont. As a Representative I was one of only two members of the House who didn't vote to increase the cost of living by one penny. As your Senator, I'll be just as prudent and a strong voice for against the burdensome cost of living.
Protecting our way of life means fighting to reform our permit and regulatory systems to help bring businesses and jobs to Franklin County.  It shouldn’t take 18 years for any town to get basic development through a maze of red tape. It's no surprise that many businesses leave or choose not to come here when other states offer a much more predictable and less expensive path for expansion. If we're going to grow our job market, we must work to change our state's poor reputation in this area.
Most encouraging, was the way in which folks around the county have offered their appreciation to me for working against prescription drug abuse. It's a problem that touches every town in our county, and for too long it was one no one wanted to talk about. It's a large part of the reason I wanted to run for office two years ago, and remains a top priority for me this time around. I believe that if we come together in Vermont, we can build a blueprint for the nation to solve this dangerous epidemic. I'll work with diligence and anyone willing to listen to continue the recent success we've had on this issue.
These are the priories that I’ll pursue as your Senator.  I believe that my candidacy is unique in offering both the needed experience in making state government work for the people on a day-to-day basis, and a dedicated, forward-thinking consideration of the long- term possibilities for our county.
And so I humbly as for your support this Tuesday, August 28th  to make certain that the community so many of you helped to create, remains a place that — more than any other part of the state — represents the very character of Vermont.
From our farms and sugar bushes, to our lakes and rolling hills, so many of the things that define our state, are defined right here in Franklin County.
I believe that this election is a fight for that character and the people that helped build it.
I’ve spent my entire life in Franklin County, this is my home and it’s a good home. The values that I’ve carried with me to Montpelier over the last five years were instilled in me right here, and it would be my honor to continue to fight for them in the State Senate.
Sincerely,
Rep. Dustin A. Degree

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : August 27, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »