Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:10:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Chinese Cultural Exchange Ceremony
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chinese Cultural Exchange Ceremony  ( 2214 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 19, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

BFA Fairfax Hosts Second Annual Chinese Cultural Exchange Camp
30 Students from China Visit Vermont July 9 -21, 2012
Fairfax, VT / July 19, 2012: BFA is hosting its second Chinese Cultural Exchange Camp, which includes 30 exchange students from Chongqing, China. The students are brought to Vermont by SPIRAL International as part of a 3-week English Language immersion program. Students will be hosted by local families during their stay from July 9th through July 21st. The program offers a unique opportunity for BFA students to interact with students from another culture.
Each weekday morning the students come to BFA Fairfax High School to study American Culture and Conversational English. In the afternoons, students have lunch before traveling around the area for various field trips and participating in activities at the school.
BFA Fairfax students serve as mentors each day that the exchange students are here. Mentors participate in class, have lunch with their China friends, and then join them for scheduled afternoon activities. Events include a visit to Shelburne Farms, shopping at Church Street, a Lake Monsters game, a tour of the Vermont Statehouse in Montpelier, and much more.
A special closing ceremony is scheduled for noon on Saturday, July 21st at BFA Fairfax. This event is open to the community. The China students will showcase their learning and share experiences of their stay in VT.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: