Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:44:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont Electric Is Encouraging "Beat The Peak" Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Electric Is Encouraging "Beat The Peak" Today  ( 2459 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 16, 2012, 04:47:25 AM »

Vermont Electric Cooperative (VEC) is encouraging members to "Beat the Peak" by conserving energy on Monday, July 16 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. when demand for electricity is expected to peak due to weather conditions which are producing prolonged high temperatures in northern Vermont.

Here is what you can do to help "Beat the Peak":

Turn off all unnecessary lights
Delay use of major appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, and clothes dryers
Raise your thermostat 3 degrees
If VEC members can collectively "beat the peak" by conserving electricity during peak energy times, members can help control rising costs that impact rates. And as a cooperative, when one member saves, we all save. For more information about VEC's Beat the Peak program, visit our website at www.vermontelectric.coop/beat-the-peak

Henry Raymond
al brodeur
: 216

« #1 : July 16, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »

down here in suburban philadelphia the power co will give you $30 for the months of june,july,august if you allow them (at no cost to you) to install a remote control box on central air systems compressors which when the need arises they can turn it off for 15 min of every half hour this helps them prevent overloading and it also helps your equipment from trying to run on low voltage because of the overloads.
all this really proves is that more power plants are needed or less houses which are all electric.
Norton
: 85

« #2 : July 17, 2012, 06:34:19 AM »

all this really proves is that more power plants are needed or less houses which are all electric.

Those aren't the only options.  Using electricity more efficiently (smarter) can accomplish the same thing, and is typically cheaper than building new plants.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: