Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:57:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A New Business In Town
« previous next »
: [1]
: A New Business In Town  ( 7478 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 28, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »

Mr. Wimette proposes a one-night-a-week pizza takeout business from his home, located at 4 Gifted Rd.  Click on the link below for more details in the Development Review Board Hearing:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/WimetteCUandSP.html

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : June 28, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »

Interesting idea. I would certainly like to try one of his wood-fired pizzas. I hope he posts his number on this site soon!
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : June 28, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »

I will try and catch him tonight and get more information and some photos

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : June 28, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »

Wood Fired Pizza is yummy!  I am not normally a pizza fan but I like this type!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : June 28, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »

I stopped in tonight to talk to Jason Wimette and also met his brother Todd Wimette - What a couple of nice guys as was their Dad, Ed, who I worked with at IBM.

Here is a link to their Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/bluehousepizzavt

They still have some things to do before they open up.  Jason tells me he came from a large family (7 kids, I believe) and the pizza recipe has been developed and improved upon over the years.

When they get things going, I hope to stop by and get some photos.  Sounds like they will have some limitations as far as quantities are concerned, but plan to be open about 4 hours on Saturdays.  Will let you know more as I find out more.

Henry Raymond
wwiihistory
: 56

« #5 : June 29, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

Sounds great & hopefully no pre made/frozen dough like some other local pizza. I would like to know more about the health board/inspectors requirements.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : June 29, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »

I believe when I was talking with Dad (Henry) this morning, he said that they make their own dough :-)

Looking forward to trying it!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
JayWimette
: 1

« #7 : June 29, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »

Excellent questions!

Dough: We do not use frozen dough. We make it on Thursday evening and let the individual dough balls rise in a refrigerator overnight. On Friday evening (after about 24hrs of rising) we press all of the dough balls into 12" rounds and stack them back in the bins (separated by parchment paper) and again place them in the fridge overnight. This ensures that the dough doesn't rise too much and will make it easier for us to keep up with demand on Saturday given we won't have to press them out. Although it is a long process, we have found that making the dough 1-2 days ahead of time provides for a better tasting crust than dough we make and cook on the same day.

Health Department: We are currently working with the regional Inspector from the Health Department to ensure we are setting everything up properly. She came out to do a preliminary inspection of our operation and provided us with feedback on additional items we need as well as what water tests are required. We have purchased all of the necessary items and need to run one more water test. Once we have the test results, she will come back out to review our operation from start to finish to make sure it meets the guidelines mandated by the state.

Thanks for the inquiries,
Jay Wimette
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : June 30, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »

Went down to Jay Wimette's Pizza Sampling get together today - Almost 90 degrees out there as this energetic young man prepared a number of different kinds of pizzas in his wood fired oven.

Jay's Pizza Dough is a 3 day process and this is the third day and its time to make the Pizza

Jay is getting ready to put the topping on the Pizza

Jay's wife Dena has just sliced one of the Pizzas for a hungry group of samplers

Jay prepares to take another Pizza out of the oven - I believe Jay said it is 900 degrees inside that 700 pound oven

And another Pizza comes out of the oven

I sampled the cheese Pizza and the Pepperoni Pizza - both I thought were delicious, but Jay continues to work on improving things while he waits for word from the health department.  He tells me he thinks it will be August before everything is cleared.

Jay & Dena,

Thanks for inviting me down to check out the newest business in the neighborhood

Henry Raymond
DenaWimette
: 21

« #9 : July 01, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

We were happy you were able to make it and thanks for taking such great photos!  We are having a blast trialing our recipes for family and friends and are looking forward to getting the go ahead to open up for business. We'll be sure to keep you posted. If you (or anyone else out there) have a favorite pizza idea let us know and maybe we'll name it after you :)
Henry
Administrator

« #10 : July 27, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Just saw on Facebook that they passed their health inspection with flying colors - I am sure they will be posting something up here -

Henry Raymond
DenaWimette
: 21

« #11 : July 29, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

We did pass our Health Inspection and are excited to move on to the final planning stage.  We have to turn in a little paperwork with the Town and then we will be all set.  We are making final plans for opening day and I will keep you all posted on dates, times, and menu.  We hope to have a few regular flavors and then 1-2 specials each week depending on what we find at the farm or what inspires our taste-buds that day.

Jay and I are thrilled to be bringing delicious wood-fired pizza to the town of Fairfax!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: