Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:56:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Woman Has Purse Snatched At Intersection??????
« previous next »
: [1]
: Woman Has Purse Snatched At Intersection??????  ( 4437 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 13, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

RUTLAND, Vt. -
A purse-snatching scheme has a Pittsford woman shaken after she was tag-teamed on a rural road in Rutland Town.

Police say the woman was driving down McKinley Avenue near Abbey Lane Tuesday afternoon when a car pulled out from a side street. She stopped to let the car go, and that's when she says a man jumped out from the bushes, opened her passenger door and stole her purse. Police believe he then jumped into the other vehicle and fled.

The victim, LaVerne Lesznik, says she's not worried about losing her items, but feels her personal safety was violated.

"It's like, how dare you? It's not about the stuff. I can get credit cards and license, jewelry, money back. It's not about that. It's about the fact that I was vulnerable without realizing I was vulnerable," Lesznik said.

There were no witnesses to the crime, but Lesznik describes the thieves as two thin, white men in their early 30s.

I am wondering if this woman's story is accurate - Most cars to my knowledge have all the doors locked once the car starts moving - I don't quite understand how someone could have opened the passenger door???

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #1 : June 13, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »

No not every cars doors lock when the car starts just newer models.

Mark Teague
Razzle Dazzle

« #2 : June 14, 2012, 05:48:28 AM »

We have disabled the auto lock feature on our car.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : June 14, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »

My truck does lock, my cheap little car does not lock.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Kathleen
: 167

« #4 : June 14, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »

I understand about the being violated feeling. My car was broken into one night at my home. They emptied the glove compartment and center console and just threw everything around my car. I had a large jar that I put my change in and they emptied that all over the car. I had a ton of pennies in the jar along with a little bit of silver coins. It was an eerie feeling getting in the car knowing that someone else I had in there going through all my stuff.
PS
: 3

« #5 : June 19, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »

There are a lot of possibilities for why her doors wouldn't be locked.  Why question the accuracy of her story (in bright red letters, no less) without doing your homework first? 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : June 19, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »

PS,

Henry's question was put in BOLD RED LETTERS to separate it from the actual news report.

As for doing his homework, the question was put out there for discussion.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: