Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:15:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thieves Burn Stolen 92 Year Old Woman's Purse At Fairfax Falls
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thieves Burn Stolen 92 Year Old Woman's Purse At Fairfax Falls  ( 8637 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 24, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

WILLISTON, Vt. -
The Hannaford in Williston is where 92-year-old Marjorie Cadran buys her weekly groceries. But on Wednesday, her shopping trip went awry. Police say she was picking up a prescription at the pharmacy when a pair of purse snatchers stole her bag.

"They saw an easy victim in someone that was a little bit elderly, not paying attention and they took advantage of it," Williston Police Sgt. Justin Huizenga said.

Hannaford's surveillance caught the thieves on camera. They're described as a white man and woman in their late 20s. He had on a red hat and she wore a hoodie and sunglasses to hide her face. Police say they may have been sizing up other customers before zeroing in on Cadran. The Williston woman had over $2,000 cash in her purse, along with checks and one credit card.

"We try to treat every theft the same, but when you're dealing with a 92-year-old woman who's still living independently, it kind of pulls on the heart strings and we want to try and help her out," Huizenga said.

Police say they later found Cadran's purse burning at the Fairfax Falls in Fairfax; the couple trying to cover their tracks.

Police say Cadran was a little shaken by the incident but otherwise unharmed.

If you recognize the suspects call Williston Police at 802-878-6611 or CrimeStoppers at 802-864-6666.

Henry Raymond
Scott
: 152

« #1 : May 24, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »

>TWO GRAND in cash in her purse???

uhhh.

Regards,
Scott
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : May 25, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »

So why Fairfax?  perhap they live around here?.... Perhaps a beat down is in order..... and then we take possessions of theirs and sell them to compensate..... i know i know - emotional comments.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : May 25, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

Seriously its 2012, can we get a security camera that takes a picture we can actually use.

Mark Teague
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : May 25, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

Loctavious, right there with you....

Treebeard34, I said the same thing...

I feel awful for this poor woman.

*** This is a good reminder though ladies.  Do not leave your purse in the cart while just turning your head it can be gone.  ***

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : May 25, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »

The Purse Snatchers have been caught.  Click on the following link to view photos of the duo:

By Jennifer Reading -

WILLISTON, Vt. -
Good news about a story we brought you Thursday-- police say they've caught a pair of purse snatchers accused of targeting a 92-year-old woman in Williston.

Police say they got several tips after surveillance video was on the news last night. They arrested Nicholas Bartlett, 32, of Johnson, and his girlfriend, Emily Bagley, 35, of Hardwick.

Police say the two swiped 92-year-old Marjorie Cadran's purse from her shopping cart while she was picking up medications at the Hannaford in Williston. The bag had $2,000 in it. Police say they helped the elderly woman cancel her credit card, but the cash is long gone.

Bartlett and Bagley now face felony charges.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #6 : May 25, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »

At least they don"t look like meth heads or anything.(sarcastic) I hope they get the fullest penalty available.

Mark Teague
tfence
: 257

« #7 : May 26, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »

What gets me is the age of these criminals (32+35). At this age they should have grown up by now and on the path of adult responsibilities. My guess at the time they took it they may have thought there was just a few bucks in there. I for one think it is easier to earn it than to steel it.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Lilone
: 81

« #8 : May 29, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »

I don't understand why the cameras are always put in places that look down onto people instead on one that is more central. Then they want you to identify the top of someone's head. . . If they put them a little lower we just may see their face . . . Just saying
Judi
: 508

« #9 : May 29, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

I don't understand why the cameras are always put in places that look down onto people instead on one that is more central. Then they want you to identify the top of someone's head. . . If they put them a little lower we just may see their face . . . Just saying
They think they are supposed to be "hidden cameras". Joke is on them and we loose in the end!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: