Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:28:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Am I just paranoid?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Am I just paranoid?  ( 5760 )
Susanvt
: 8

« : May 04, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to posting, but have read the forum for a few months now.  The postings that have me the most concerned are the home invasion ones since I work from home.  I live off of 104A on a dirt road, about 9 miles from some of the breakins. 

I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid, but I've seen a dark gray pickup with a silver grill acting a little odd on my road.  Yesterday, it drove past my neighbor's house, stopped, backed up, then sat for a little while before driving away.  This morning, I saw it again go all of the way up the road (I'm on a dead-end street) , then stop half-way down the hill (not at the same neighbor's house), then keep going.  I don't know if it was the same truck that I saw last week that stopped in front of my driveway, backed up the road to just in front of my house, then left after sitting for a minute or so.  I never would have noticed the truck if it hadn't backed up. 

I know other postings mention a white Jeep Cherokee and a beige sedan if I remember correctly.  I don't know all of my neighbors' cars yet, so it's probably nothing, but I didn't think it would hurt to post something about it...

Thanks,

Susan
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : May 04, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

When i've seen schetchy vehicles nea rmy house, i'vr gone outside and made sur ethey saw me looking at them and taking down their license plates.  My theory is that when they see you noting their plate number and make of vehicle they'd:
a) be suddenly aware that their behavior has been interpreted as shady and leave immediately
b) be suddenly aware that someone is noting their make and model and be less apt to perpetrate anything illegal.  If they're really paranoid - they may even realize you're a neighbor of someone else they plan on robbing and thus not rob them either as you noted their info.

I am a mlae though - so mayeb you want to go outside with a large dog or Shotgun as well just in case.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
trussell
: 870

« #2 : May 04, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

Cameras work well too.  I work from home fairly often and keep one handy. I write down vehicle plate numbers all the time, along with a description and date/time :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
trussell
: 870

« #3 : May 04, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

Oh yeah, and there's cute little gun nearby too ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : May 04, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »

Ive seen a suspicious silver akea sedan with green mountain coffee sticker on it
Luap
: 26

« #5 : May 05, 2012, 05:53:53 AM »

It's O.K. to be aware of what's happening around you. But keep in mind that May 1st, Turkey season started and these suspicious people may be looking for the big ones.  They are not necessarily casing the houses.
Trekr
: 140

« #6 : May 05, 2012, 06:31:05 AM »

A pair of binoculars wold be very handy to get the license plate numbers and a possible description of the occupants. I think the economy is a factor in the uptick in these types of crimes. This forum is very valuable in keeping people aware of these activities. Neighbor helping neighbor
: [1]  
« previous next »
: