Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:34:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Charlie Blondin Dies Unexpectedly At Age 74
« previous next »
: [1]
: Charlie Blondin Dies Unexpectedly At Age 74  ( 1508 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 06, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »

Westford - Charles Clayton Blondin, 74, died unexpectedly on Thursday evening April 5, 2012 at the Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.

Charlie was born on April 10, 1937 in Burlington, VT, the son of Clifford and Minnie ( Breiner) Blondin.

He graduated from the Cathedral High School Class of 1959 in Burlington and enlisted in the Navy in August, and served during the Vietnam War.  On June 8, in 1959, he married Immy L. Funke III Bremerhaven, Germany.  He continued his studies, graduating from Pensacola Jr. College in 1975.  He served in the Navy until retiring in 1977, when he began his second career working for IBM, where he worked for over 24 years. Following retirement from IBM, he worked at Key Bank in Milton for 5 years.  Following his last retirement, he could be seen often walking with his special buddy Peanut.  Charlie enjoyed being a member of the Knights of
Columbus in Fairfax and a Eucharistic Minister at St. Luke's Catholic Church in Fairfax.  In addition to his wife of over 52 years, Immy, he is survived by his children Lucie Pecor and her husband Peter of Williston, Eric Blondin and his wife Kate of Grand Isle and Charles A. Blondin of Westford, by his grandchildren Jessica, Crystal, Amanda and Bella, his great grandchildren Zoe and Lucas and his expectant third great grandson Landon who will be born in 15 days.

Charlie is also survived by his brothers Bob Blondin and wife Mary Jo of AZ and Art Blondin of TX. and by several nieces and nephews and cousins.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Tuesday April 10, 2012 at 10 am in St. Luke's Catholic Church in Fairfax.  For those who wish, memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.

Visiting hours will be held on Monday April 9th, 2012 in the Minor Funeral & Cremation Center in Milton from 4-8pm.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: