Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:47:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Responding To Motor Vehicle Accident 104 & 128 Intersection
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Responding To Motor Vehicle Accident 104 & 128 Intersection  ( 4180 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 05, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »

No injuries reported, however there are leaking fluids

Henry Raymond
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : March 05, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »

In my opinion, this is one of the busiest intersections in Fairfax.  The speed limit by Union Bank is 40 mph.  If you are trying to turn left or right, it's almost impossible to predict the oncoming traffic coming from Westford. 
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : March 05, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »

There was no accident. Just a car pulled over with flashers on.  Not sure who called it in as such, but certainly  not the most efficient use of emergency resources. ???

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : March 05, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »

Not the most efficient use of emergency resources, but a use all the same.  The fire department responds to true emergencies, and situations that some people percieve as emergencies.  This time, it turned out to not be an emergency, but it could have just as easily been a medical emergency someone called in. 
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : March 05, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

INCIDENT: TWO-VEHICLE ACCIDENT / Driving Under Criminal Suspension
CASE #: 12A200947
TROOPER: Bruzzi         STATION:  VSP-Saint Albans
CONTACT#: 524-5993
DATE/TIME: 3/5/2012
LOCATION (specific): Route 104, Fairfax, VT
VIOLATION: Driving Under Criminal Suspension
ACCUSED: Kevin Menard
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Westford, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
 On March 5, 2012 at approximately 0720 hours, State Police were dispatched to the intersection of Route 128 and Route 104 in the town of Fairfax for a reported two-vehicle accident. One of the vehicles was said to be un-driveable.
 Upon arrival, State Police met with both Dario Lilli (age 27) and Kevin Menard (age 32). It was determined that Menard had been traveling northbound on Route 128 when he lost control while attempting a right-hand turn onto Route 104. Lilli was stopped at the stop sign for this intersection, and when Menard tried to make the right turn, he lost control and slid into Lilli's vehicle.
 There was no major damage and no injuries at the scene. Menard admitted that he was under criminal suspension at the time due to a DUI conviction. A check with DMV records confirmed this as well. Menard was charged with driving under criminal suspension and was cited at the scene for that offense. He was ordered to appear in VT District Court to answer to that charge.
 Menard was also found at fault for the accident and was issued a ticket for traveling too fast for the road conditions.
 No further action at this time.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : March 07, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

Nothing but a car there when fire/rescue arrived. Not even any VSP.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: