Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:15:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  teen voting
« previous next »
: [1]
: teen voting  ( 2693 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : February 25, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »

Teens who will be 18 by election day Nov 6 can vote in the presidential primary on Town Meeting Day, March 6. They can also vote in the August 28 state primaries. This is allowed by the state constitutional amendment approved by 81% of Vermont voters two years ago, making us the 19th state to allow these young voters to participate in the primaries. They will not be able to vote in any other elections between now and when they turn18, but the change makes it possible for them to participate in the entire presidential election process, starting with the primary election. Last day for these kids (and everyone else) to register to vote at Town Meeting is February 29.   For more information contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 25, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »

I heard that the state was going to give illegal immigrants drivers licences and let them vote as well
: [1]  
« previous next »
: