Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:16:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  local control
« previous next »
: [1]
: local control  ( 3439 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : February 23, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »

Local control has been strength in our Vermont communities for a very long time. Earlier this week I supported an amendment written by Rep. Susan Davis from the central Vermont community of Washington. Her amendment was a guarantee that local communities would take the lead in efforts regarding consolidation of school districts, interstate school contracts and supervisory union activities. The desire of the state legislature or the local supervisory unions could not trump local voters under her amendment. Regretfully the amendment failed.  Clearly, local voters know better than anyone else what is best for their own schools and for their own children. Sadly, some serving in the statehouse are forgetting this.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
Thor

« #1 : February 23, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

Wait Carolyn, are you trying to tell us that the folks in Montpelier don't actually know what is best for all of us? I am hoping beyond hope that this isn't new to you!!! It sounds to me, like this is tied to federal funding in some way, shape of form. Can't have the locals do something that would cut off the flow of federal funds, when those in the statehouse are addicted to anything the feds will throw their way.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : February 23, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »

too soon thor .....just wait for it ,they will implode sooner or later then we can pickup the pieces
Thor

« #3 : February 23, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

Ed,

I don't want to pick up any pieces.... but I certainly wouldn't mind sitting around and watching the implosion!! Gotta be tough down there..... working with all those people who "know everything".
: [1]  
« previous next »
: