Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:57:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  lunch today
« previous next »
: [1]
: lunch today  ( 2853 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : February 07, 2012, 06:37:01 AM »

I've been invited to lunch today with the Governor today. Don't know what he wants to talk about, but I'll let you know what happens.

Carolyn Branagan
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 07, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »

slap him on the back of the head for me please .
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #2 : February 07, 2012, 09:59:30 PM »

Ed, you're impossible!
Turned out the Governor had invited others to lunch also. I was actually glad not to be the only one. Jim Douglas used to do this kind of thing also.... just get a bunch of legislators together to see how things are going. Gov. Shumlin told me (again) that he does not plan to raise taxes. I explained to him that both Georgia and Fairfax had level funded school budgets for two years and could not do it a third year.
All went well. Everyone was using their best behavior.  No big announcements. The Governor paid.
I was glad I went.   
C.

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: