Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:30:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Laura (Wilkins) Woodward Dies At Age 69
« previous next »
: [1]
: Laura (Wilkins) Woodward Dies At Age 69  ( 3466 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 01, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »

Laura A. (Wilkins) Woodward

FAIRFAX - Laura Agnes Wilkins Woodward, 69, passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012, at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, surrounded by her family. She was born in Burlington on Nov. 30, 1942, daughter of the late Herbert and Blanche (Glazier) Wilkins. She graduated from BFA - Fairfax, Class of 1960. Laura married James Woodward on May 19, 1962, in Fairfax. Laura was an active member of the United Church of Fairfax, serving as secretary for many years, teaching Sunday School, singing in the choir, and as treasurer of LUC (Ladies of the United Church of Fairfax). She was a current member of Swanton Chapter #11 Order of the Eastern Star, and former member of Fairfax Unity Chapter #17, where she was a dedicated secretary for 37 years. She also volunteered at the Vermont Maple Festival for several years. Laura proudly worked for Prudential Ins. Co. for 33 years, retiring as District Office Manger in 1993. After retiring, she enjoyed working part-time at the Foot Hills Bakery. Laura was a dedicated grandma, traveling near and far to cheer on her grandchildren at basketball and soccer games. Laura enjoyed her flower gardens and watching birds at her feeders. She was a loyal Red Sox and Celtics fan, watching all their games on TV. Each sugaring season everyone always looked forward to her chicken pie arriving at the sugar house to feed workers and visitors alike. One of her favorite places to be was at camp on Lake Champlain every summer for a week of fishing, playing cards, and enjoying time with Jim, her children, the grandkids, and the rest of her family. Laura is survived by her loving husband of 49 years, James Woodward of Fairfax; her son, Brian "Bud" Woodward and wife, Angela, of Fairfax; her daughter, Sarah Flanders and husband, Dale, of Allegany, N.Y.; five grandchildren, Josh and Nick Woodward, Matthew, Cary and Sam Flanders; her brother, Robert Wilkins and wife, Sheryl, of Fairfax; her two sisters, Sally Sweet and husband, Wayne, of Fairfax, and Nancy Liberty and husband, Bob, of Fairfax; sisters-in-law and brothersin-law, Pauline Bradbury, Mary Mitchell and husband, Richard, Kathryn Gioffre, and Almon Woodward and wife, Dorothy; and several nieces and nephews. Visiting hours will be held on Friday, Feb. 3, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012, at 11 a.m. at the United Church of Fairfax with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin and the Reverend Walter Mahany co-officiating. Burial will follow in the family lot in Sanderson Corners Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Laura's memory may be made to the United Church of Fairfax, c/o Sally Sweet, 44 Sweet Slattery Road, East Fairfield, VT 05448, or Fairfax Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 228, Fairfax, VT 05454. Arrangements are by A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main Street, Fairfax, VT 05454. The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com
« : February 02, 2012, 08:17:27 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #1 : February 03, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

My heart goes out to the family, I spent a lot of time at their house through my High school years, and she was at everyone of our basketball games. What a wonderful Lady. Prayers to Jim, Bud, and Sarah. Heaven just got a little brighter

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: