Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:18:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  "Barney Miller" on DVD
« previous next »
: [1]
: "Barney Miller" on DVD  ( 4538 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 29, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »

My sister, Margie, gave me season one of Barney Miller for Christmas last month. After viewing it, I went out and bought season two.

This has not lost anything through time. It is still relevent today.
An excellent cast.

You know how Hollywood likes to recycle TV shows? This one you can't. Period.
No one could be Fish except Abe Vigoda. And no one could be Yemana except Jack Soo. Both had their own unique quality about the role that could never be duplicated.

A female woman is making an obscene phone call to the precient, making lewd gestures. Fish is on the phone with her.
Fish: If you would like to reach me personally, the number is 555-2391.
Barney: Fish, that's the fire department.
Fish: I know. She's in heat, isn't she?

If you are young enough where you don't remember the men AND women(remember Linda Lavin as Wentworth? She went on to be Alice at Mel's Diner.) of the 12th Precient of the New York City Police Department, do yourself a favor and find it and watch it. And be prepared to laugh.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : January 29, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »

Random Episodes on Crackle too.

http://www.crackle.com/chromewebapp/#

This link may not work because I'm linking from Chrome.

www.crackle.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: