Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:33:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Super Bowl! Patriots vs. Giants! Who Are You Rooting For?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Super Bowl! Patriots vs. Giants! Who Are You Rooting For?  ( 12323 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 29, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »

Okay football fans, it's Super Bowl Week!
And this year Vermont gets split down the middle as fans of both teams live here.

On one side you have the New England Patriots. Bill Belicheck. Tom Brady. The Gronk. Truth be told, before the year 2000, Patriot fans were kinda sparce in this area. They weren't really that good a team. Three Super Bowl wins later with a pin-up poster boy quarterback, and even women are Patriot fans.

On the other side, the New York Giants. They used to have their training camp at St. Michael's College back in the 50's and 60's, so there are strong ties with the older fans. The team is coached by Tom Coughlin, whose job seems to be always on the line every year. There's Peyton Manning's younger brother, Eli, who has been great down the stretch.

So....who ya rooting for?

As a Raiders fan, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd like to see the Patriots win this one. The Giants won the last match-up four years ago, and also beat the Pats in the regular season. I think it will be another close game, and both teams need to play better than they did in their repsective conference championships.

Patriots, 30-27

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : January 30, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »

did you watch that pro blow i mean bowl ?it was a pathetic display of football,i started calling it fag football just because they were playing like ladies
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : January 30, 2012, 06:19:26 AM »

I see myself as a Patriot so Patriots all the way!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Shadylane08
: 125

« #3 : January 30, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »

Truth be told, before the year 2000, Patriot fans were kinda sparce in this area. They weren't really that good a team. Three Super Bowl wins later with a pin-up poster boy quarterback, and even women are Patriot fans.

Mike I'll finish this statement for you . . . . So now the area is full of bandwagon pats fans ;-)

G G G GMen!!  Giants are on Cruz Control! 

Giants 27 Pats 17
CLach
: 98

« #4 : January 30, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »

No Bandwagon fan here, born and raised in and around Boston, supporting the Pats through the good and the bad years!!  GO PATS!!! 31-23
« : January 30, 2012, 09:41:20 AM CLach »
khort
: 149

« #5 : January 30, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »

Gotta go with the Pats!
msm
: 211

« #6 : January 30, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »

New York Football Giants -- all the way --  28-17

And .. I still own a Giants jacket, bright Blue Satin Finish  -- although it doesn't fit me -- my 8th grader wears it during games.

Eli, Cruz and
kpplus2

« #7 : January 30, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »

GO PAtS!! Im a huge Patriots fan. If the Patriots bring the game they played against denver no worries for us. However if they play like they played against the Ravens we may be in trouble.

Have a great Day 
Dick Brown
: 414

« #8 : January 30, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »

MSM   Last that I remember your Mom was a huge Patriot fan .....do you still discuss the game with her ???  Have you bet on it with her ??? 
Mike C.  Kind of hate to admit it , but at my age , so what   ??? .... Back in the day , drove up from Bethel to St. Mike's to watch Andy , Sam , Rosey & the boys , and traveled to Albany back in the 90's to watch Toomer , Hillard & the rest of the gang so with that span of interest , got to cheer for the Giants .
( Only team from NY that I cheer for , though . )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #9 : January 30, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »

G Men...

I have a feeling we will be hearing a lot about Manning during the game.
Not the one playing though.

I'm hoping for a good game and it should be.
FletcherGram
: 103

« #10 : January 30, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »

To Rod:  ............."fag football and playing like ladies".......... hush that mouth!!
So not impressed.

Mike F9---Patriots :-)
Travis
: 141

« #11 : January 30, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

I am depressed that two of my least favorite teams made it to the Super Bowl. The only match-up that would be worse for me would be a Giants-Jets game. As it is, the Patriots don't make me want to vomit as much as the Giants. It's close, but slightly less, so I guess I would have to root for them.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #12 : January 30, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »

sorry ment to say flag football
Vtsharon
: 25

« #13 : January 30, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »

Always have and always will be cheering on the Patriots! GO PATS!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #14 : February 03, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »

Giants will hit that big tight end at the line and the four man NY rush will give Brady little time.
I look for Welker to have a lot of catches, but none for significant yardage.
If Brady can slip away, Ochocinco may factor in downfield.

New England needs to establish a running game to slow the rush.

Manning should have a field day against that rag-tag NE secondary.
Which will allow Bradshaw, Jacobs and Ware lots of rushing yards.

NY beat an undefeated NE in a prior SB.
NY beat a NE team in Foxboro recently that had a 20 game home win streak snapped.
Can you say "Who's your Daddy ?"

New York Giants 45, New England Patriots 24.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: