Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:04:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Who Dropped The Ball??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Who Dropped The Ball??  ( 2901 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 18, 2012, 02:00:44 PM »

Henry, maybe you can word this better than i can.  I'm not looking to blame just looking for the rational behind not reporting the criminal activity.

Who dropped the ball?

Earlier today rescue was toned to the high school for a 14 yr old who had ingested prescription medication and had consumed alcohol.

Why wasn't law enforcement notified of the incident?  Should school officials of called, rescue members or central dispatch?

1.  Where did the alcohol come from?  Is it still at school?

2.  Are the prescription drugs still at school?  who do the belong to?

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : January 18, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »

I think these are good questions Henry.  And forme they rise more questions.  I can see an argument for handling certain matters internally, especially if we're talking minors - but then again if laws are broken - then where is that line drawn?  If my kid were in trouble, especially if they never get in trouble, i'd appreciate leniency.  But is that fair? 
is it a question of others were ever in danger?  one could argue that a person under the influence is unstable and capable of harming anyone even if not violent or operating a car or machinery.

Lastly i'd say let's wait and see - perhaps these things take time to be released to the public - to ensure it's been invesitgated thoroughly and what IS released is the whole story....

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : January 25, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »

I can't speak to the specifics of this particular call, because A: I don't know anything about it and B. It would be a violation of privacy laws. However, what I do know is generally when a call is received through 911 involving drugs and/or alcohol, the dispatcher will  automatically dispatch law enforcement. The crew chief who is on will ask if the police have been dispatched either before or while en-route to the scene. That's what usually happens. Under most circumstances (when called to a home) the ambulance crew won't enter such a scene, prior to the police arriving. The reasons for this are as varied as the possible scenarios, but safety of the crew is always the main priority.

Why law enforcement wasn't called to the school, I have no idea. Does the school have some kind of special rules as far as what takes place within its borders? I don't know that either.

Regardless of what laws/rules were or weren't broken (if nothing else, under the influence in school) it appears that a kid was in serious enough trouble that a 911 call was warranted. That's scary--even from an EMT point of view, not to mention a parent's perspective.

Whatever the normal rules might be in any situation, everything is different where minors are concerned.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: