Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:44:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Citizens for Fairfax Community January Update
« previous next »
: [1]
: Citizens for Fairfax Community January Update  ( 3915 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : January 18, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »

Citizens for Fairfax Community, Inc. (CFC) elected new officers on January 10, 2012. Each position is for a 3-year term and the new officers are:

President: Mark Hunziker
Vice President: Doug Stuart
Treasurer: Barb Duval
Recording Secretary: Mary Skidmore Taylor
Communications Director: Amanda Duling

At the monthly meeting, the group, consisting of the CFC board and community members, discussed possible activities for 2012, including supporting the Fairfax Recreation Department at Community Day on July 4, hosting a Family Spaghetti Dinner the night before the Egg Run, and a Haunted House on Halloween.  The purposes of the CFC activities are to provide Fairfax with fun, family-friendly, community-building events, raise funds for future CFC activities, and increase awareness of CFC and our mission.  All activity ideas will be discussed further at the next meeting.

The next CFC meeting will be held on February 28 at 7:00pm.  All residents of Fairfax and surrounding communities are welcome to attend these meetings.  If you would like to participate, or be on our email list, please contact Amanda at asduling@gmail.com
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #1 : January 20, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »

I'll just pass this on as something to consider.  A library patron/community resident wondered recently about having Trunk or Treat in Fairfax this coming Halloween. (This is where people decorate the trunk of their car or bed of pick up truck and all park in a row in a parking lot.  Then kids trick or treat there rather than walking the roads and going to houses.)

If other groups are interested in collaborating on this, I am happy to try and facilitate getting the use of the parking lot outside the library and having the library open on Halloween evening (for warmth and bathrooms as well as trick or treating).
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : January 21, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »

Neat idea, thanks, Debbie!
ASDuling
: 75

« #3 : January 21, 2012, 07:06:34 AM »

I agree, that is a good idea!  I like how it gives families who don't normally get trick-or-treaters a new opportunity to get in on the fun.
I'll add this to the list of ideas for our next meeting with you as a contact for the parking lot and library.

Thanks!
Amanda
: [1]  
« previous next »
: