Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:59:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Must See House Decorations
« previous next »
: [1]
: Must See House Decorations  ( 3479 )
Kathleen
: 167

« : December 15, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

My daughter and I have a tradition of driving around on Christmas Eve to look at the lights. Does anyone know where there are any "Must See" house or neighborhood decorations. 
The tradition started one Christmas Eve coming home from my aunt's house on the Fletcher Road and we stopped to see the house at the foot of the hill. We were standing there checking out all the decorations when a kindly elder gentleman came out and asked if we wanted to see the decorations in the back yard. He gave us the grand tour along with all the back stories for each section as to when they were first started. It was amazing; I've never seen so many beautiful nativity scenes in one place before.
I really miss seeing that house at Christmas time.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : December 15, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »

I do miss that couple and the hard work they did on the house!  The house I enjoy is in Richmond, on rte 117.  If you come down rte 128 from fairfax, then take Sandhill rd, take a left at the bottomw of the hill and it is on the left not too far past north williston road up on a hill.  You can't miss it! ;-)  I look at it everytime I drive home from down south for work this time of year!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Margie
: 156

« #2 : December 15, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »

There is a second house right nearby that is vying to outdo the house you mentioned, MKR.  Both are pretty amazing!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : December 16, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »

I took a photo of the place here in Fairfax a number of years ago, but did not get the whole thing.  I believe somebody from the Messenger or The Free Press did an article on them, but could not find it:

Click on the link below to see the photo I took:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=2274.0

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #4 : December 16, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »

Henry -- that's an awesome picture of the place, but it doesn't even start to cover what was set up in the backyard. And thanks for the suggestions, I don't think we've gone in that direction in a few years.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: