Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:19:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  goodbye kaizer you have been an eyesore
« previous next »
: [1]
: goodbye kaizer you have been an eyesore  ( 2933 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : December 07, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »

look out there david shea you missed the ramps try again,he made it the second try ,thank you for taking the junk away
« : December 07, 2011, 06:33:57 PM Henry »
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : December 10, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »

Ed,
Thanks for your help that day!  The 1947 Kaiser gave up a good fight, but was no match for the two black iron pipes that you gave us to roll the stubborn old car up on the trailer.  Kaiser automobiles have and interesting history that ends with a GM buyout.  These cars were built with quality in mind a concept that put the big three's profits in jeopardy. 

Interestingly enough the body panels on the Kaiser were coated with a petroleum tar that kept them from rotting away & many of the fittings on were made of brass which allowed them to be removed even after sitting in the grass for 56 years.  I have taken many old cars and trucks away in my work & most of the time when a vehicle sits like this on the ground I can not remove them in one piece.  When a chain is hooked  onto an old ford or chevy left in the same way the car breaks in half under the strain.

If you are interested in learning more about the Kaiser check out the Kaiser collectors web site athttp://www.kfclub.com/  Many Kaisers are still being used today as daily drivers.  I contacted a company in New Jersey that specialized in selling Kaiser parts to see if the were interested in the cars.  The owner was interested but the coordination involved in moving the cars made it to expensive.

As Ed points out with his pictures, we did fight getting the car on the trailer, so the next day I returned with a Skid Steer and everything went as planned moving the second one.

Dave
« : December 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM David Shea »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: