Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:22:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Visit To The Georgia Market With Chris Santee & Henry
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Visit To The Georgia Market With Chris Santee & Henry  ( 6914 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 08, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

The Old Georgia Market (Still Standing) on the right and the New Georgia Market in back on the left.

Chris Santee is shown interviewing Ray Bouffard, the owner.

Ray is pleased with the nice wide aisles he has so people can shop and also visit without blocking the aisles.

Ray & Chris talk about the license for the new store for beer & wine.

Chris decides to halt the interview while he tours the Beer Cave.

Looks like Chris found something - I had a little trouble keeping Chris focused on the interview vs shopping.

The overhead lighting is all controlled by Ray's computer and the intensity is determined by the light outside.

Ray is posing with the Energy Vermont Representatives who were there and have been guiding Ray with his Energy Savings.

The magnetic curtain is used at night to conserve energy - Each area has its own thermostat for control of temperatures.

The Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts on the top shelf caught my eye - But I didn't buy any although they looked tempting

The hood over the grill is automatic and turns on only when needed.

Ray stands in front of the meat case - He has 3 meat cutters that keep the case supplied with fresh meats.

Ray showed us one of the large containers of spices that are a huge savings to the buyer.

As you can see he has a large variety of spices in the large containers - Quite a savings over the smaller containers.

A nice assortment of fruits and vegetables that are delivered three times a week to insure freshness.

I took a photo of this Green Mountain Coffee Display just special for Trevor Russell - Our GMC Rep on the forum.

Ray stands in front of The Customer Service Desk which at present also is utilized as a check-out.

Here he is shown standing behind the counter.

Shopper Chris Santee who was supposed to be interviewing is shown as he arrives at the Check-Out Counter.

Now its time to pay up Chris as we get ready to head back to Fairfax - Good Luck Ray, you have done a great job - Its looking great!!

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : December 08, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »

Beautiful Store!  Just what Georgia needed!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Cat

« #2 : December 08, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »

Nice looking store.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : December 09, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »

A Note From Ray Bouffard, Owner of The Georgia Market:

Henry and Chris:

Thank you - both - for taking the time to come visit our new family  store .

It has been quite a journey for my wife ( and two children ) and myself as well as our wonderful employees!

This will be a work in progress for quite some time but everyday we get better .

We are blessed to be in a wonderful area with supportive towns all around us ...we are really blessed !

Again , thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with your forum .

If there is ever anything we can do to help / assist you or the town , please feel free to contact me .

Thank you again and I will invite you both to our "grand " opening later in January - after the holidays are over.

Ray

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : December 18, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »

The old Georgia Market was demolished on Friday, December 16th, 2011.
Here's a video of a story that was happening there Christmastime 2010:
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13735808

The NEW Georgia Market has 10,000 square feet.

Almost all demolished building materials were donated for recycling to
Habitat for Humanity !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : December 18, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »

Almost all demolished building materials were donated for recycling to
Habitat for Humanity !

NICE!
Cat

« #6 : January 02, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »

We just stopped in there...very nice store.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: