Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:11:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Like Another Great Day For Christmas Shopping
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Like Another Great Day For Christmas Shopping  ( 3264 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 04, 2011, 09:14:40 AM »

Well, I have only been out once to pick up something and actually did not have to fight any crowds to do that.  Since that time Mary Kay and Sharon have been picking things up for me and I also have used the Internet where the stuff has been delivered right to my door and the shipping so far has all been free.  The last package was delivered by UPS around 5 p.m., so they must be working long hours as they usually go up the Fletcher Road around 2 p.m.

Coming up tomorrow is Mike Cain's 51st Birthday, so if you happen to see him around, do wish him a Happy Birthday.  So glad to see that he is putting up photos again.  If you check his last photos he put up you will see where he photographed one of the few Traffic Jams we have here in Fairfax.  A huge Tractor Trailer was trying to exit the Steeple Market Parking lot and was having some problems coming out and heading North.  Don't know if I would have wanted to meet it coming around the corner where The Foothills Bakery is, as I am sure the back end must have been way over the Center Line.

Don't forget we have a Christmas Concert today at BFA-Fairfax.  There are signs all over town, and I can't remember just what time it begins, but it is a yearly event.

Enjoy the Beautiful Day

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 04, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »

Concert is at 3pm. Fairfax-Fletcher-Westford Band and the Bell Choir from which-church-I-can't-remember. Also, Santa Claus! and my sister Margie will be reading "The Night Before Christmas".

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : December 04, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »

Michael    I have an early morning appointment , so will be leaving my home long before daylight , and in case I forget ( very likely given my present short term memory lapse ) I'm wishing you a great 51st birthday and a ton of good wishes for the enjoyment of your special day . Really enjoy your written and photographic contributions to this Forum . In my mind , your gift to Fairfax , every day , is your compassion for the townspeople and the traditions of our village ( & school ) . Stay safe .
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : December 04, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »

Thank you, Dick.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: